Paradise Island And Mangrove Tour From Puerto Plata
OverviewPuerto Plata is a small coral island, unique of its type in the Dominican Republic, located just off the coast of Punta Rusia. The Puerto Plata province makes up part of the National Park of Montecristi, which extends along the coastal area from the small fisher village of Punta Rusia to the northwest up to Montecristi. It covers approximately 1600 km!
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Led by a local guide
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
Know More about this tour
The National Park is located in one of the most dry, arid areas of the Dominican Republic and mainly covers untouched coastline with mangrove jungles. Thecoast extends along the biggest coral reef formation of the Dominican Republic.Discover the wonders of nature. Snorkel and you will see the incredible beauty of this unique tropical reef, rising from the ground of the sea up to the surface. It is full of colorful coral and tropical fish.
Have a drink, swim in the clear, warm waters or simply relax on the white sand. Theprofessional crew will be prepared to fulfill your wishes for a drink, explain the wonders of nature and assist you on the guided snorkeling tour to the outer reef. You too will have the possibility to visit the mangrove jungles of the Montecristi National Park, see untouched nature in its lagoons and channels and view lots of wildlife, mainly birds. The mangrove is the only tree which grows in salt water, protecting the coastline, even with the strong winds of a hurricane.
Close to Punta Rusia is the bay of Estero Hondo, only 10 minutes away. Here, the last manatees of the Dominican Republic live inside a protected area, but with some luck, you can sometimes see them inside the mangroves.The island is of unbelievable beauty. A small, white sandbar in the middle of crystal clear, turquoise waters is surrounded by a perfect, nearly untouched, round coral reef.
Inclusions for Paradise Island And Mangrove Tour From Puerto Plata
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Paradise Island And Mangrove Tour From Puerto Plata
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant women.
Not recommended for participants with back problems.
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.