Paris 2-Hour Walking Tour Of Covered Passages Including Visit To Palais Royal Gardens
OverviewEnjoy this 2-hour tour and explore less-known covered passages (passages couverts) dating back to the 19th century - a time when Paris was a beacon of class and sophistication. Browse its intriguing shops, cafés and booksellers, see the hotel where Frederic Chopin would meet his mistress or the book stalls where Victor Hugo once searched for inspiration. Enjoy a peaceful stroll through the gardens of the Palais Royal. You can choose between private and small-group (mixed bookings) tour options.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tour
Leave touristy Paris behindlet us whisk you back in time to the romance of the 19th century with a walking tour of the covered passages!
You will begin your tour with a visit to Palais Royals tranquil gardens. Away from the crowds of the nearby Louvre, its trees, flowers and a grand fountain offer a scenic slice of local Paris life. Your guide will paint a vivid picture of the gardens glory days of the 18th century - a time when the area was an adult playground full of revelry and debauchery. Youll discover hidden details and unexpected anecdotes that will bring the exciting history of the Palais Royal to life.
During the second part of the tour, you will head off to explore some of the most unique glass-roofed arcades, lying tucked away in the corners of the Right Bank and unknown even to many locals. Today very few of these unique glass-roofed arcades remain, lying tucked away in the corners of the Right Bank and unknown even to many locals. Enjoy a palpable snapshot of a bygone era as you explore their ornate decors, fine mosaics, charming boutiques and much more. You will see the hotel where Frederic Chopin would meet his mistress or the book stalls where Victor Hugo once searched for inspiration.
Youll never look at Paris the same way again once youve unlocked the secrets side of its covered passages!
Inclusions for Paris 2-Hour Walking Tour Of Covered Passages Including Visit To Palais Royal Gardens
- English-speaking guide
- Small-group tour (no more than 10 participants)
- Private tour on request
Exclusions for Paris 2-Hour Walking Tour Of Covered Passages Including Visit To Palais Royal Gardens
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.