OverviewExplore the mysterious underground world of the Catacombs in Paris on this 2-hour tour. Meet your guide and head underground to enjoy a narrated tour of the tombs. Hear the history behind this labyrinth of tunnels, which contains the bones of more than six million people.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide and descend the 130 steps down below street level to the mysterious Catacombs below.
Follow your guide along the tunnels of the Catacombs and hear the fascinating history of this ancient, underground burial ground on your narrated walking tour. Enjoy an immersive experience of the Catacombs and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Wander the winding tunnels lined with incredible collections of stacked bones and skulls, as your guide relays details of the Catacombs. The area became an underground cemetery in the 18th century, and today contains the remains of more than six million people.
Discover a whole new side of Paris you've never seen before!
After 1.5 hours in the Catacombs, ascend the steps back up to street level where your tour will come to an end.
Inclusions for Paris Catacombs Tour
- Entrance fees to the Catacombs
- Guided Visit
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Paris Catacombs Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Exact meeting time will be informed in the tour confirmation.
Due to limited capacity at the Catacombs the tour must start on time. The guide will not wait for you if you are late, even if you call in advance.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible; there are 130 steps below ground to enter the Catacombs and 83 steps to climb up to exit, and there is no elevator
Not advisable for anyone with cardiac or respiratory weakness, nervous disease or tendencies towards claustrophobia
Not advisable for infants or young children
No restrooms or cloakrooms at the Catacombs
The temperature remains at 57°F (14°C) inside the Catacombs; dressing warmly is recommended
The tour is only valid on the date stated on the voucher
Please be aware that at busy times there may be a long queue to enter the Catacombs
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.