OverviewGet to the medieval soul of Paris with a private 4-hour walking tour in the historic heart of the city—the Ile de la Cité. Explore the gothic details and magnificent architecture of Notre Dame Cathedral, inside and out. Get direct VIP access inside the exquisite stained glass interiors of Sainte-Chapelle and the vaulted stone ceilings of the Conciergerie prison. Explore monuments from the Middle Ages—a time of kings, castles, and criminals—to discover the secrets of Paris’ past. Enjoy a comfortable and relaxing tour with your private guide.
- Skip the line
- Led by an art historian
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourDive into the historic heart of Paris and explore the medieval highlights of the Île de la Cité. First up is Notre Dame Cathedral; now over 850 years old, the cathedral still reigns as a titan of Gothic architecture. Scour its exteriors of delicately sculpted stone and the messages of its intricate façade. Learn about the cathedral’s famously hunchbacked bell ringer, the devilish myth of its main doorways, and how the French Revolution almost destroyed the cathedral. Inside Notre Dame discover striking stained glass windows, dizzying vaulted ceilings, and a plethora of unexpected details from long ago.
Second on your exploration is the the Conciergerie; a former royal palace which was converted into a prison, famously used as the city's prison during the bloody days of the French Revolution. Relive the terrible conditions of the condemned by viewing prison cells from centuries ago, including that of the building’s most famous prisoner - Marie Antoinette.
Finally, skip the long line in front of the Sainte-Chapelle to enjoy the most stunning medieval stained glass windows in the world. This private chapel of the king, completed in 1248, once housed Christ’s crown of thorns and was the most prestigious and powerful place in all the land.
Inclusions for Paris Ile De La Cite Medieval Private Walking Tour: Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle And Conciergerie
- Private Art Historian
- Skip-the line tickets to Sainte-Chapelle and Conciergerie
Exclusions for Paris Ile De La Cite Medieval Private Walking Tour: Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle And Conciergerie
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Save valuable time by skipping lines at certain key monuments
Private interaction with your guide
Turn back the clock to Parisian life during the Middle Ages
Take in breathtaking views of the Seine River and Ile de la Cité
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.