Pack all of Pariss main attractions into a single, unforgettable day on our complete Paris in a day trip. In the company of a local expert guide and a small-group (maximum of 15 people), youll see the citys main monuments and learn a lot of its hidden secrets while traveling by foot and metro. From the windmills of Montmartre, to the sanctuary of Notre Dame, the halls of the Louvre, and the second floor of the Eiffel tower; you will cram more postcard worthy attractions into one day (10.25-hours) than you would see in a week of normal sightseeing.
Know More about this tour
Your day starts at the base of Montmartre, a Parisian neighborhood perched on a hill, where youll meet your guide and small group of no more than 15 people. Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions, so in order to see the best of it in one day, it helps to do so with an expert guide who takes care of logistics and tells you the story of the city as you go, including its characters, facts, myths, and lore, creating a memorable experience.
First up, take the funicular to Sacr-Coeur Basilica. After admiring stunning views of the city, your guide leads you through the winding streets of Montmartre, stopping off at the neighborhood vineyard, the artist hangout Place du Tertre, and a reconstructed windmill, much like those made famous by the cabaret club (and movie) Moulin Rouge.
Next, catch the Metro Paris best mode of transport for a short trip to Ile de la Cit, Paris oldest district. As you explore the narrow streets of the island and step inside world-famous Notre Dame Cathedral, youll learn how Paris grew from a Roman outpost into the crown jewel of Europe.
From Ile de la Cit, its a short walk to the Louvre, where you have a 1-hour lunch break (own expense; recommendations will be provided by your guide) before diving into the largest art museum in the world to see some of its most spellbinding works of art. The highlight is, of course, Leonardo da Vincis Mona Lisa. Your guide helps you understand why the painting is so significant and how, after all these years, it has managed to maintain its reputation as one of the worlds greatest works of art.
After another short subway ride, find yourself staring up at the Eiffel Tower from the best vantage point at Place du Trocadro, learning the incredible story of how the tower was built. When you get to the base, youll skip the line and climb directly to the second level for more great views of Paris.
Your guide leaves you at the tower, but as a parting a gift, gives you a ticket for a 1-hour Seine River cruise that you can use immediately (recommended as it will almost be sunset) or save for the next day. Cruising from west to east and back again, the boat tour passes such monuments as the Muse d'Orsay, the Louvre, and Notre Dame, allowing you to enjoy a different perspective on sites you saw earlier, plus many beautiful bridges including Pont Neuf (audio included if you wish).
And thats it! In just one day, youll have seen Paris by foot and water, skipping its longest lines to see its most popular attractions, plus a few local favorites along the way.
Inclusions for Paris In A Day Including Montmatre And Notre Dame And The Louvre And Eiffel Tower And Seine River Cruise
- Skip-the-Line Louvre ticket
- Skip-the-Line Eiffel Tower ticket (non-guided from 01 March 2018)
- Visit of Notre Dame Cathedral and Sacré Coeur Basilica
- 1-hour Seine River Cruise (open ticket, good for same day or to use the following day)
- Licensed guide
- Small groups (maximum of 15)
Exclusions for Paris In A Day Including Montmatre And Notre Dame And The Louvre And Eiffel Tower And Seine River Cruise
- Access to Eiffel Tower summit (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel Pickup and drop-Off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Eiffel Tower non-guided from 01 March 2018. Total duration will be 9 hours (including one hour lunch break).
Please note: this is a walking tour, including some transportation by Metro
Comfortable walking shoes recommended
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Guided portion of this tour will end on the second floor of the Eiffel Tower, where tickets can be purchased to go up to the summit (third floor) on your own
Seine River ticket will be distributed at the end of the guided Eiffel Tower tour, this is an open ticket to be used the same day or on another day (audio guide available during cruise)
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
No strollers permitted
Notre Dame Cathedral restricts access to some parts of the church during Mass
Be prepared for security check-in upon entering the Louvre Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, and that only bags smaller than 21.6"x13.8"x7.8" (55cm x 35cm x 20cm) are permitted
In the event of an unforeseen closure of the Eiffel Tower, your itinerary will be subject to change and a visit to Montparnasse Tower will take place
Montparnasse Tower boasts a spectacular view of Paris and the Eiffel Tower from its rooftop
Please note that exhibits at the Louvre are subject to change
Please note that galleries within the Louvre are subject to closures without notice
Tour Only in English
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket With Host
- Skip The Line: Louvre Museum Audio Tour
- Skip The Line: Notre Dame Cathedral, Tower And Ile De La Cite Half-Day Walking Tour
- Seine River Cruise And Paris Canals Tour
- Skip The Line: Eiffel Tower Tour By Night
- Paris Pass Including Entry To Over 60 Attractions
- Paris City Tour And Eiffel Tower Half-day Trip
- Disneyland Paris Ticket: 1 Day 2 Park
- Paris L'Open Hop-On-Hop-Off Tour
- Paris Jewish History 2 Hour Private Guided Walking Tour