Prepare for a truly surprising discovery on our 2.5 hour private tour through the PÃ¨re Lachaise Cemetery, home to famous Paris residents like Jim Morison. This walking tour will explore the famous graves of this eastern Paris landmark. Good walking shoes are recommended.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourJoin us for a Private Tour led by native/ fluent English speakers of the Père Lachaise Cemetery.
Life, love and death have never had so much meaning as inside this cemetery. Its intriguing labyrinth of roads and dirt paths between the graves reveal a new perspective on how to visit Paris. You'll visit the graves of Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, Frederic Chopin, Sarah Bernhardt, Marcel Marceau, Molière, Abelard & Heloïse, just to name a few. As well as the Holocaust Memorials. Learn about the artists, writers, politicians, and other remarkable personalities that are buried within the beautiful stone walls of Père Lachaise, and listen as your guide tells you about the remarkable stories and moments in history that have taken place at the cemetery itself. From a gruesome battle in Paris’s communist uprising to the hordes of Jim Morrison fans that make pilgrimages to visit the tomb of the Doors front man, Père Lachaise has seen its fair share of Parisian history.
“Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one’s head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.” – Oscar Wilde, The Canterville Ghost
“Time to live, time to lie, time to laugh, and time to die. Take it easy baby. Take it as it comes.” ― Jim Morrison
Inclusions for Paris Père Lachaise Cemetery Private Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Paris Père Lachaise Cemetery Private Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.