Paris Père Lachaise Cemetery Private Walking Tour
OverviewPrepare for a truly surprising discovery on our 2.5 hour private tour through the Pre Lachaise Cemetery, home to famous Paris residents like Jim Morison. This walking tour will explore the famous graves of this eastern Paris landmark. Good walking shoes are recommended.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourJoin us for a Private Tour led by native/ fluent English speakers of the Pre Lachaise Cemetery.
Life, love and death have never had so much meaning as inside this cemetery. Its intriguing labyrinth of roads and dirt paths between the graves reveal a new perspective on how to visit Paris. You'll visit the graves of Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, Frederic Chopin, Sarah Bernhardt, Marcel Marceau, Molire, Abelard & Helose, just to name a few. As well as the Holocaust Memorials. Learn about the artists, writers, politicians, and other remarkable personalities that are buried within the beautiful stone walls of Pre Lachaise, and listen as your guide tells you about the remarkable stories and moments in history that have taken place at the cemetery itself. From a gruesome battle in Pariss communist uprising to the hordes of Jim Morrison fans that make pilgrimages to visit the tomb of the Doors front man, Pre Lachaise has seen its fair share of Parisian history.
Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above ones head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace. Oscar Wilde, The Canterville Ghost
Time to live, time to lie, time to laugh, and time to die. Take it easy baby. Take it as it comes. Jim Morrison
Inclusions for Paris Père Lachaise Cemetery Private Walking Tour
- PRIVATE WALKING TOUR
- PROFESSIONAL TOUR GUIDE EXCLUSIVELY FOR YOU
- AVAILABLE DAILY AT 10AM AND 2PM
- DURATION 2 - 2.5 HOURS
- TOUR WILL RUN, RAIN OR SHINE
Exclusions for Paris Père Lachaise Cemetery Private Walking Tour
- Tour Price Does NOT Include Hotel Pickup or Drop-Off (We Recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour Does NOT Include Gratuities (OPTIONAL)
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Maximum of 10 people per tour allowed
Notes: The tour route may be affected by national celebrations. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an alternative route still being able to see all the highlights on the tour. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. No large bags or suitcases are allowed during this tour. We recommend comfortable shoes, a bottle of water, umbrella in case of rain and hat during summer. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some cant be visited from the inside.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Arrival Transfer from Paris Beauvais Till airport to City Center
- Paris to Versailles Round-Trip Coach Transfer
- Mobile Wifi Everywhere in Paris
- Private 2-Day Tour: Customize Your Perfect Stay in Paris
- Private One-Way Transfer: City of Paris
- ANZAC Day Trip from Paris: Dawn Service at Villers-Bretonneux and WWI Somme Battlefields Tour