This fascinating walk back in time will make you relive the events that changed the course of French history and caused an epic transformation in French society. Your expert guide will delve into the troubled times leading up to the storming of the Bastille Prison, the ouster of Louis XVI, and the Reign of Terror, all while walking you through the very streets where many major events took place.
Sights of the French Revolution Walking Tour includes:
- Les invalides - over 30,000 arms were stolen from here in order to attack the Bastille
- Place de la concorde - site of the beheadings of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, among many others
- Tuileries Palace - the site of the royal palace that served as a prison for King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in the Tuileries Gardens
- National Assembly - site of the lower house of the French Legislative branch
- Reign of Terror - the years following the Revolution that saw chaos, betrayal, and murder