Parmigiano-Reggiano, Culatello Di Zibello And Lambrusco Wine Discovery - Parma
OverviewHighlights of the experience: visit of Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese dairy made by the staff who works there, visit of local family farm made by the staff who works there, visit of medieval aging cellars of Culatello di Zibello with tasting, visit of local family winery with tasting made by the owner himself, regular tour only for max 8 participants, brand new tour off the beaten path.
Know More about this tour
09 :00 am Departure from Parma towards the « Lowlands ».
Meeting on site with a local host and visit to an authentic cheese dairy of Parmigiano-Reggiano of the Low Lands of Parma.
Discover how "the King of all cheeses" is made in the same way since centuries ago like the Monks who invented it... You'll see first hand the "making of" it, the salt pools and the "wheel cathedrals", real walls of cheese up to 20.000 in the same place!..
To follow: visit to a unique farm in Italy where youll be able to admire local fruit and vegetable cultivations, local black pigs and many other farm animals..
Welcoming to a medieval court where youll admire the aging cellars dating back to the XII century where the king of the cured meats Culatello di Zibello rests for years People like Prince Charles of England and Prince Alberto of Monaco have discovered this hidden secret and felt in love with it... Tasting session at the end of the visit.
The last stop will be in a small family run winery that produces only less than 15.000 bottles each year.
They do not use herbicides or chemical fertilisers and keep the treatments in the vineyard to a minimum in order to combat pests that may infest the vines. The grapes are controlled and hand-picked in the vineyards along the River Po grown on this piece of land since 1300.
At the end of the visit: tasting of 3 wines and grappa paired with typical products of the area and not only..
Return to Parma and end of the experience.
Inclusions for Parmigiano-Reggiano, Culatello Di Zibello And Lambrusco Wine Discovery
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Parmigiano-Reggiano, Culatello Di Zibello And Lambrusco Wine Discovery
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Infant meals not included
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.