Parmigiano-Reggiano, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar & Local Hidden Cured Meats - Parma
OverviewHighlights of the experience: Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese dairy with tasting, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar with tasting, local producer of hidden typical cured meats with tasting/lunch and live demo on how to make a real "Culatello".
Know More about this tour
08:30 am Meeting with the guide and visit to an authentic cheese dairy of Parmigiano-Reggiano with tasting. Discover how "the King of all cheeses" is made in the same way since centuries ago like the Monks who invented it... You'll see first hand the "making of" it, the salt pools and the "wheel cathedrals", real walls of cheese up to 20.000 in the same place!..
Transfer to the Province of Reggio-Emilia to admire a real Acetaia with its barrels of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar. You'll learn the difference between the "real thing" and the balsamic condiments that you usually find in the supermarkets...Tasting session at the end of the visit.
To follow, back to Parma Province, visit to a local historical cured meats producer :
- Opportunity to see an operator hand stuffing and sewing one of their deli meat specialties ;
- Visit to the maturation rooms and cellars ;
- Description of the iconographical exhibits in their factory museum, drawing on the music, art and culture of our region, and exploring the world of deli meat ;
- The Pig Game
- Sensory Lab ;
- Final tasting-lunch including: Coppa Dino, Salame di Felino PGI, Parma Ham PDO, Pancetta Aurora, Parmigiano Reggiano PDO, Lambrusco or Malvasia jelly, tortelli di erbetta (traditional ravioli with Swiss chard filling), water.
02.00 pm Return to Parma after lunch and end of the experience.
Inclusions for Parmigiano-Reggiano, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar & Local Hidden Cured Meats
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Landing and facility fees
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Parmigiano-Reggiano, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar & Local Hidden Cured Meats
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Dress code is smart casual
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.