Peñas Blancas And Bosawas - Managua
OverviewThis big rocky mountain range is placed among La Dalia, Rancho Grande (Matagalpa) towns and El Cu town (Jinotega), in the north of the country. Peas Blancas is one of the 6 protected areas which form the Biosphere Reserve Bosaws, one of the key elements in the Mesoamerican biological corridor. It takes up the 14% of national territory, it has 20000 km2 of tropical and cloud forest and it hosts the 3,5% of world biodiversity, among which a lot of species in danger of extinction, such as jaguar and puma.Among its population, we can find the Mayagna and Miskita indigenous people, that have been living in harmony with nature for centuries and have been fighting for the conservation of the forest.Nowadays these communities are strongly threatened by the indiscriminate deforestation, the illegal land appropriation and the quick growing of the agriculture border.
Know More about this tour
- 6.30 a.m. leaving from Len to El Chile indigenous community (Matagalpa).
- 9,30 a.m., visiting Telares de Nicaragua, traditional looms managed by El Chile women cooperative.
- 10,30 a.m., walk around the community up to El Chile ill and its top (easy level, 2 hours approximately).
- 1 p.m., typical lunch in one of women cooperative members house.
- 3 p.m., leaving from El Chile to Bosaws Reserve and arrival around 5.
- Welcome in the Nature interpretation centre (CEN) and projects presentations.
Visiting the Reserve: 5 paths of different levels and duration; rappelling; bird watching and above all enjoying the great fauna and flora bio-diversity
Back to Len. Leaving from Bosaws around 8 a.m.
Inclusions for Peñas Blancas And Bosawas
- Specialized guide.
- 2 nights in Bosaws.
- Food inside the reserve.
- All the activities in Bosaws
Exclusions for Peñas Blancas And Bosawas
- Personal expenses
- Extra activities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN NICARAGUA
- PRIVATE DAYTRIP IN LEON AND RUINS OF LEON FROM MANAGUA
- Masaya Volcano Night Tour
- Small Group Night Tour to the Masaya Volcano
- Volcanoes Full Day
- Day Trip to San Juan del Sur with Access to a Private Beach from Managua
- Apoyo Lagoon and Masaya from Managua
- Private Tour: Historic Leon from Managua