Have you ever wondered why there are so many Gods in India? Or what the stars have to do with your future? As walking through the Mylapore neighborhood in Chennai, explore the fascinating stories hidden from the mundane rituals of daily life, the stories of Gods and demons, and the stories of ancient customs and symbolism. Mylapore is a bustling neighborhood in the heart of Chennai dated the city by at least 2,000 years and has maintained many traditions and arts that Chennai is so famous for.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourThere are many stories hidden behind the mundane rituals of daily life. As you walk through Mylapore, you will discover that every sight you behold has a story to tell. Read the symbolism behind some everyday activities on the streets and you will find that spirituality here doesnt just start and end within holy places.
We will meet outside of Rasi Silks in Mylapore at 8:30am for morning departure or 4:00pm for afternoon departure. The Peacock Trail is a relaxing, enjoyable walk through Mylapore that comes with a bundle of stories stories of local life, of Gods and demons, of ancient customs and symbolism, and of Mylapore and Madras. You might find them amusing or baffling and the stories should also help you make sense of the sights you are visiting.
Why is it called the Peacock Trail? Well, of course there is a story, too. Visit the Kapaleeshwara Temple, the Santhome Church, and walk through the by-lanes of Mylapore with a storyteller during this 3-hour tour. The tour is mostly on foot with a short stretch in an auto-rickshaw (local tuk-tuk) that are arranged and included in the tour and it will end with south Indian refreshments.
Inclusions for Peacock Trail Walking Tour In Mylapore
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Peacock Trail Walking Tour In Mylapore
- Gratuities (optional)
- Camera tickets at monuments (if applies)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Recommended minimum age is 6 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers 12 years and older
A dress code is required to enter places of worship. Avoid shorts or sleeveless tops. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.