Pedal To Heritage: Morning Bicycle Tour Of Jaipur
OverviewThis 3-hour morning cycling tour to Jaipur, the city of palaces, will take you through the road less traveled to discover the majestic splendour of the ancient city that still upholds the legacy of the royals. This cycling tour will satiate the wanderlust and the foodie in you at the same time there is twin delight, to buck up your spirits and go pedalling through this historic city.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Get inside tips from a local
- Breakfast included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
The starting point of the tour is the Statue Circle, also known as Maharaja Sawaii Jai Singh Circle. Meet your group at 7am. Here, you will be given a brief by the tour leaders and captains.
As you ride your way through the ancient city, you will stop by at a famous lassi joint, which has been around since the Indian independence, just outside the walled city. Here you can enjoy the famed sweetened curd, a signature drink in this region.
Following this, you will cycle towards the Ajmeri Gate, entering Jaipur. With the many buildings coloured in different shades of pink, you will see why the city is also popularly called the Pink City. Pedal through narrow streets that lead to some of the classic havelis and other architectural marvels that will leave you amazed.
From the palaces, you move on to the spiritual alcoves by visiting the famous Govind Dev temple. This is a prime attraction in Jaipurs city palace, housing the shrine of Lord Krishna. You get to participate in the gathering of the devotees offering their morning prayers, through the Aarthi (lighted wicks on a lamp) and fruits. You can procure these from the farmers market that is a short walk through the palace garden. You can pick the choicest of your fruits, while haggling a good deal and bring back the bounty to offer to the Lord.
After propitiating the divine, you hop back on your bicycle to reach the very popular and old sweets and spices market by 8:30am. Even though the shutters will be down, the strong fragrance of freshly ground spices will be revealing enough as to what goes into milling under the grindstone causing the aroma to waft through the air. There is a tea-seller just atop a sweets shop, where you can refresh with piping hot tea. You head for breakfast at the popular Lakshmi Mishthaan Bhandar, which is averred by locals and tourists alike. After recharging your batteries, you visit the last lap of your bicycle tour -the Albert Hall Museum, which was built in the 19th century to welcome the Prince of Wales.
At the end of the tour, you will be given souvenirs that will be reminiscent of an awe-striking and a lip-smacking experience, cycling through Jaipurs heritage in its palaces, temples and streets, with all its deep flavours and bright colours.
Inclusions for Pedal To Heritage: Morning Bicycle Tour Of Jaipur
- Bottled water
- Morning tea
- Brand new bicycle MTB with back and front reflectors for extra safety.
- Good quality helmets
- Experienced bicycle captain leading the riders
- Tour escort following the riding party to make sure all are riding safely
- A support vehicle following the riding guest with a backup cycle
- Food and local cuisine tasting to tingle your taste buds
- Food samples Include:-
- Lassi (Churned yogurt shake)
- Traditional potato and chili fritters
- Sweet dish with a light breakfast at LMB
Exclusions for Pedal To Heritage: Morning Bicycle Tour Of Jaipur
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 15 years
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Tour: Ajmer and Pushkar from Jaipur to Udaipur
- Golden Triangle (Delhi, Agra , Jaipur)
- India Golden Triangle Tours 6 Day with Private Budget
- Golden Triangle with Mumbai and Goa - 9 Day
- Private Jaipur Sightseeing Full-Day Tour
- Private Mandawa Tour from Jaipur to Bikaner
- Private Tour: Amber Fort and Jal Mahal Including Elephant Ride
- Private Day Trip to Samode and Khandela Including Lunch and Dinner