Pelican Arts And Crafts Tour
OverviewThe tour begins at Pelican Island, which was a small uninhabited island that once existed off the west coast of Bridgetown and Fontabelle, in St Michael, Barbados. According to historical record, the island received its name from brown pelicans that would nest there. There is now a tourist attraction called The Pelican Village ("Pelican Crafts Centre") in the area, a port, as a tribute to the separate island that once existed there. The Pelican Craft Center is the largest arts and crafts center in the Caribbean with shops and many workshops at which visitors can take a tour and watch the craftsmen creating glass creations, pottery and visit a cigar factory and see how cigars are made. All the crafts are designed and made by local Barbadians.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at the Bridgetown Port to begin your 2-hour tour at the Pelican Craft Center - the largest craft center in the Caribbean. Learn about the history of Pelican Island as you stroll across the street to begin an exciting tour at Pelican Craft Center.
Have a go on the pottery wheel at the pottery shop and watch a demonstration on how to make gorgeous crystal pieces that are in the shop Crystal Forms.
Visit the Cigar Factory, a must see if you want to learn how local cigars are made. Also don't forget about Debbie's Closet which has some fabulous handbags, clothing and much more.
Take pictures, and then enjoy a complimentary lunch as you discover the local crafts and souvenirs at the Pelican Craft Center.
Inclusions for Pelican Arts And Crafts Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Pelican Arts And Crafts Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity
- Red Dot Design Museum Admission Ticket