Pelican Point Peninsula Tour
OverviewThis tour is ideal for someone with limited time in Walvis Bay. Enjoy the sights of the Walvis Bay lagoon with all its birdlife, then get some insight into the salt refining that takes place here. See the famous Pelican Point Lighhouse, a weathered shipwreck and let the huge collony of Cape Fur Seals, pelicans, flamingos, terns and many more, entertain you while you enjoy some light refreshments.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Free snacks included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, your tour starts by meeting your guide at the Walvis Bay waterfront. After a quick briefing, head to your first attraction, Walvis Bay Lagoon, one of the most important lagoons in Southern Africa. Home to hundreds of flamingos, pelicans, and avocets, the lagoon is a Ramsar site, meaning it's on the List of Wetlands of International Importance, one of the biggest networks of protected areas in the world.
Next, head to the Walvis Bay salt refinery, where you'll hear about this local operation before continuing your tour by going off-road onto deep, loose sand. Stop near a shipwreck and the remains of an old jetty for photo ops, and then make your way toward the Pelican Point Lighthouse, where your guide provides facts about this historical landmark dating back to 1932.
At this point, you are reaching the very tip of the Pelican Point peninsula, with the lagoon on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other. Stop here for refreshments, and observe the local seals and birds while you relax. Afterward, head back to the Walvis Bay waterfront to conclude your tour.
Inclusions for Pelican Point Peninsula Tour
- National Park fees
- Light refreshments
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Pelican Point Peninsula Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kadathanadan Kalari Centre & Navarasa Kathakali Centre , Thekkady
- Museum of Saint Joseph's Oratory of Mount Royal
- Private Ho Chi Minh City Arrival Transfer: Airport to Hotel
- Private Ho Chi Minh City Departure Transfer: Hotel to Airport
- Sharjah Aquarium Entrance Ticket
- Millionaires Tasting Experience with 2 wines