Experience the thrill of SalvadorâÂÂs Carnival with Blessing Day every Tuesday. These festivities are a great local experience that will make guests spin! Take the tour to the streets where the parades go on from dusk until dawn, and enjoy guided tours to iconic city landmarks like Pelourinho old town.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourThe baroque architectural complex known as Pelourinho, listed by UNESCO as World Heritage Site, is characterized by houses and churches that date back to the 18th century. Pelourinho is an exuberant expression of the grandeur of European colonization, which had slavery as its counterpoint.
In this historical scenario, an event known as Tuesday's Blessings has been celebrated for over 60 years to ensure the preservation of Bahia's musical identity, known as the cradle of Brazilian musicality.
In the streets of Pelourinho, these musical forms are manifested as a form of resistance, presented in the beating of drums and on the faces of each citizen that joins that festivity. The streets of Pelourinho sing and dance in honor of Ogun, who is the African God and patron saint of black liberation army. This tradition began after the Catholic Mass celebrated in consonance with elements of religions of African origin in honor of Saint Anthony and in the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary of Blacks.
Tour guests will have the unparalleled opportunity to experience these religious and cultural manifestations, inspired by the sound that comes from every corner of Pelourinho's streets and squares. Particpants let their bodies and minds travel in this magic that permeates time and space.
Hungry? Local commerce offers a variety of dishes and delicacies of African-European cultural heritage in bars, restaurants and street tents. Feel the worldwide famous Bahian hospitality and experience unique moments you will forever treasure in your memory.
Sights to visit:
Pelourinho Historical downtown area
Our Lady of the Rosary of Black People Church
Inclusions for Pelourinho Tour By Night
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Pelourinho Tour By Night
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
Minimum of two adults per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.