Penguin Island is home to Western AustraliaâÂÂs largest colony of little penguins - the smallest species of penguin in the world. Following a short ferry ride over to Penguin Island you will receive a tour of the island to spot wildlife including WA's largest Pelican colony, enjoy amazing views, watch the Penguins being fed in the Discovery Centre and then board a boat to see Sea Lions and often Dolphins playing in the bay. After a lovely lunch chosen from a menu and included in the tour, you will be driven to Caversham Wildlife Park for a fantastic Aussie wildlife experience. As well as feeding Kangaroos, stroking Koalas and meeting a Wombat, you will also get the chance to watch a true blue Aussie farm show. This includes Sheep shearing, Whip cracking, Cow milking, Lamb feeding, Billy swinging and watch sheep dogs mustering the sheep. To finish off the day with one more special treat, a visit to a Chocolate factory for tastings of chocolate and wine.
- Family friendly
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Small group ensures personal service
- All-inclusive tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour tour departs Perth by 8.30am and heads to Penguin Island down in the Shoalwater Marine Reserve, south of Perth.
Penguin Island is a unique nature reserve that is home to Western Australiaâs largest colony of little penguins - the smallest species of penguin in the world.Â Penguin Island is blessed with beautiful beaches and is surrounded by dazzling, crystal clear waters and also hosts WA's largest colony of Pelicans.
The little penguins are very shy and can be difficult to see in the wild but you can get up close and learn all about them with the rangers at the Penguin Discovery Centre. You will get to see them swim and eat fish in their purpose built sanctuary.
Aboard a Glass Bottom boat you will tour round the Shoalwater reserve to spot Sea Lions sunbathing on the beach and often see Dolphins playing in the bay. This is followed by lunch at Pengos cafe with food chosen from a menu and cooked fresh for you.
Located inside Whiteman Park, Caversham Wildlife Park is Perth's premier wildlife experience and a must-see on any visit to Perth.Â Hand-feed the Kangaroos, join in the interactive farm show, touch a Possum or Lizard, meet a Wombat, and have photos taken with Koalas as you stroke them.
Whilst in Caversham you will also have the chance to watch a live Australian Farm Show - watch Sheep shearing, crack a stock whip, milk a Cow, bottle feed a Lamb, meet a Stockman on horseback, swing a billy, watch sheep dogs mustering the sheep â all the excitement of a true blue Aussie farm!
Finish off the day with a visit to a Chocolate factory for tastings of chocolate, wine, chutneys and liqueurs.
Having experienced a huge range ofÂ Australian Wildlife experiences and with a tummy full of yummy chocolate, you will be dropped back into Perth around 5.30pm.
Inclusions for Penguin Island And Caversham Wildlife Park Day Trip From Perth
- All entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Round-trip ferry
- Wine tasting (optional - no extra cost)
Exclusions for Penguin Island And Caversham Wildlife Park Day Trip From Perth
- Drinks and Food cannot be purchased on Penguin Island
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant meals not included
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.