Perito Moreno Glacier Day Trip From El Calafate With Optional Boat Ride
OverviewMarvel at the spectacular Perito Moreno glacier in Los Glaciares National Park on this full-day trip from El Calafate. Travel by coach to the UNESCO-listed park and prepare for your first view of Perito Moreno at the 'Curve of the Sighs' (Curva de los Suspiros). Explore the parks walkways and viewpoints to see the glacier from different angles and levels, and hear the roar as ice chunks fall into Lake Argentino. For the ultimate views, upgrade to include a 1-hour boat cruise along the glaciers towering front wall simply unforgettable!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourLeave your centrally located El Calafate hotel and travel by air-conditioned coach to the UNESCO-listed Los Glaciares National Park. Stop to take photos of the steppes and mountains as you drive, and listen as your guide reveals intriguing facts about the parks flora and fauna, and Perito Morino. This 19-mile (30 km) ice expanse spreads 3 miles (5 km) across Lake Argentino and is one of the worlds few advancing glaciers.
After roughly two hours, wonder at your first panoramic view of Perito Moreno at the 'Curve of Sighs', a bend in the road that reveals the full immensity of this spectacular ice field.
Continue to the glacier walkways and, with directions from your guide, enjoy ample time to explore the walking trails. Follow the boardwalks to strategically placed viewing platforms to witness the glacier from all angles and levels, and admire the surrounding mountain and forest scenery.
For close-up views of Peritos south face, visit the footbridge directly in front of the glacier. Marvel at the craggy 196-foot (60 meter) high front wall, with its meringue-like peaks and cliffs soaring over the lakes waters. Take close-up photos and listen for the eerie creaks that precede the regular calving when chunks of ice rupture and fall into the lake in a crashing spectacle.
During your visit, perhaps break for lunch (own expense) at the park's restaurant or enjoy any snacks or drinks youve brought with you.After your time viewing the glacier, walk back to the coach and relax on your return ride to El Calafate, where your tour ends with a hotel drop-off.
Tour Including Boat Ride:Upgrade to include a 1-hour boat ride with your tour. After driving into Los Glaciares National Park and enjoying your first panoramic view of Perito Moreno at the 'Curve of Sighs', stop at Bajo Las Sombras harbor and join your sightseeing boat. Step aboard and sail across the Rico arm of Lake Argentino. Then, have your camera ready as you sail between floating ice close to the majestic 196-foot (60 meter) high front wall. Gaze up at the towering cliffs and watch spellbound as chunks of ice crash into the water an unforgettable sight.
Afterward, join up with your guide again and visit the footbridge at the front of glacier to enjoy elevated views over this immense natural structure. Marvel at the magnitude of the front wall and vast, peaked surface stretching behind, and take photos as ice calves and crashes from the wall into the lake.
Afterward, return to your coach and enjoy your scenic ride back to El Calafate, where your tour ends with a hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Perito Moreno Glacier Day Trip From El Calafate With Optional Boat Ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Boat ride (if option selected)
Exclusions for Perito Moreno Glacier Day Trip From El Calafate With Optional Boat Ride
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to Los Glaciares National Park (USD $29 approx.). The National Park fee can only be pay at the entrance of the park with Argentinian Pesos (ARS $ 500).
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
It is recommended that you wear warm, comfortable clothes and shoes and bring water, snacks and sunscreen
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.