Perito Moreno Glacier Ice Trek Day Trip From El Calafate
OverviewTake a thrilling trek across Perito Moreno glacier on this once-in-a-lifetime full-day trip from El Calafate. Travel into beautiful Los Glaciares National Park by air-conditioned coach, cruise across Lake Argentino and hike to the glacier for an unforgettable 4-hour trek. Ogle the glaciers massive front wall, put on your crampons, and immerse yourself in its spectacular, silent beauty as you trek over the ice with your expert guide. Discover crevasses, waterfalls and caves on route, and stop to enjoy your own packed lunch on the ice before heading back.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourLeave your centrally located El Calafate hotel in the early morning, remembering to bring your own packed lunch with you, and travel by air-conditioned coach into Los Glaciares National Park. As you go, hear illuminating facts about Perito Moreno: a massive body of ice that snakes along Lake Argentino and is one of the worlds last few advancing glaciers.
After around two hours, arrive at the Bajo Las Sombras harbor on Lake Argentino, and take a 10-minute boat ride to Brazo Rico on the facing shore. Meet your local guide here and collect and check your trekking equipment. Then, with your guide leading the way, hike along the shores and forest of the lakes Rico arm to the base of the glacier.
Arrive at a viewing platform and gaze in awe at the glaciers 196-foot (60 meter) front wall, with its jagged white peaks. After a safety briefing, put on your supplied crampons with help from your guide, and set off on your exhilarating ice trek.
The trek has a high level of difficulty, but with your guide beside you, you will be able to hike over the ice and breathe in the pristine beauty of the icy expanse. As you walk on the gently sloping surface, your guide will share facts about Peritos geography and glaciology, and point out crevasses, lagoons, waterfalls, streams and caves, all formed by ice melt and in every possible shade of luminous blue.
Stop to enjoy your lunch on the ice and then take the same route back to the viewpoint, arriving after around four hours on the ice. Then, head back to Brazo Rico for your return journey to El Calafate. Your adventure ends with an early evening drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Perito Moreno Glacier Ice Trek Day Trip From El Calafate
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned coach
- Guided trek
- Trekking equipment including crampons
- Professional guide
- Boat ride across Lake Argentino
Exclusions for Perito Moreno Glacier Ice Trek Day Trip From El Calafate
- Food and drinks (you must bring your own)
- Entrance fee to Los Glaciares National Park (approx. USD $29). The National Park fee can only be pay at the entrance of the park with Argentinian Pesos (ARS $ 500).
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Maximum age is 45 years
You must bring your own snacks, boxed lunch and drinks
Comfortable sportswear, long trousers, warm sweater or pile, water or windproof jacket, sun glasses, sun block and gloves are recommended
Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A good level of fitness is required
A high level of difficulty involved
Pregnant women are not allowed
Date of birth, passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for ALL participants
Seasonal product operating September to April
Important: You will need to fill out required paperwork sent to you by the local tour operator upon booking. Without all necessary information, you will not be able to take the tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.