Persian War 2 Days Private Tour - Athens
OverviewPersian War 2 Days Private Tour - Duration 2 Days Top Visits Arachova Village of Delphi The Oracle of Delphi Museum of Delphi Sanctuary Athena Pronea Gymnasium Tumulus Of Athenians Marathon Archeological Museum Marathon Battlefield Marathon Bay Marathon Lake Thermopylae Battlefield Historical Center of Thermopylaes Warm springs Plataies Battlefield Salamis Battlefield
Know More about this tour
1st Day: For the admirers of the ancient Greek battles this tour will give you the opportunity to visit the battlefields of three major battles between the Greeks and the Persians. From Athens we will drive towards the sacred plane of Marathon through the Attica highway and Marathon Avenue where the original Marathon race passes from, and you can see signs that count each kilometer. Later we will reach the Tumulus of Athenians; the site represents the courage, bravery and finally the victory of the Athenians against the Persians in 480BCE. Also you will visit the Marathon Battlefield and Archeological Museum of Marathon.
Then we will drive to Thermopolis were 10 years after the Battle of Marathon , King Leonidas and the 300 Spartans heroically faced the Persian army. In the historical centre of the site you will enjoy a 3D movie, travelling through time you will feel the presence of all who died for their freedom under a foreign conqueror. To complete the visit you will see the statue of Leonidas standing right opposite Kolonos Hill where the persisting Spartans left their last breath.
After we will drive to the site of Delphi, an ancient Greek sanctuary with a PanHellenic character dedicated to god Apollo. It functioned as an Oracle and was considered the naval the center of the word and is today a symbol of Greek cultural unity. In the site you will visit the Temple of Apollo where Pytheia spoke to the oracles, the theater and the stadium. While in the museum you will be able to see the famous charioteer and Gold Ivory statues. After the site we will have our lunch at the modern village of Delphi. Before we leave we will stop at point known for its great view, you will see the Corinthian sea, the port of Itea and the valley full of olive trees (olive sea) and our last destination will be the village of Arachova. A mountainous village built on a cliff 900m above sea level very close to the Parnassus ski resort. You will have time to make an evening walk and enjoy a local dinner after settling at the hotel.
2nd Day: On the following day we will drive on the slopes of mountain Parnassus by the city of Leivadia to reach the battlefield of Plataies where the last decisive battle was held between the united ancient Greek cities and the diminished Persian army 476 BCE. Lastly passing through the city of Thebes we will reach the coast of Attica and the Saronic Gulf and make a stop at Perama Port to see the narrow sea path of the island of Salamis where the historical naval battle took place between the Athenians and the Persians. There you will have a view of the exact point where the Athenian navy lead by Themistocles destroyed the huge Persian ships. One of the victories that defined the future of the Greek homeland. After a traditional Greek lunch we will take our way back to Athens.
Inclusions for Persian War 2 Days Private Tour
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Driver/guide (The drivers are not a licensed to accompany you on your walk to the top of the Acropolis or inside any other site or museum. If you require a licensed guide to tour the sites with you, you need to hire one additionally. If you have any questions you can contact us on the phone number provided by Viator)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Persian War 2 Days Private Tour
- Accommodation (If you need our help we work with some of the best hotels in each area, we only need to know the number of the rooms)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Athenian Metro, connect the dots, Discover the City Under the City
- Athens Sunrise Cruise
- Athens Airport Shuttle Service to or from Athens Center
- Underground Athens by Athens Underground: Sections Through Soil and History plus Kerameikos
- Small-Group Cultural Nemea Day Trip including Lunch and Wine Tasting
- Electric Bike Parnitha Mtn Tour - Athens National Park
- Self Guided Electric Bike Athens Tour - The Alternative Picture of the City
- Electric Bike Athens Tour - The Alternative Picture of the City