Perugia, Assisi And Cortona Day Trip From Florence
OverviewJoin our tour through the rolling green hills of Tuscany and Umbria and discover the artistic jewels of Assisi and Cortona and Perugia from a religious pilgrimage site to a famous film setting.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourCortona, a delightful hilltop town of ancient origins bursting with architectural treasures and offering spectacular views over the surrounding landscape. You will immerse yourself in the setting of the famous movie Under the Tuscan Sun, which was filmed in Cortona in 2003.
Assisi, San Francescos birthplace, stands on the top of a hill overlooking a picturesque valley surrounded by gentle slopes and vineyards. Following San Francesco and Santa Chiaras footsteps, you will be guided along winding streets and alleyways to the historical and artistic treasures of this Medieval town. In the superb Basilica of San Francesco dAssisi, gazing Giottos frescoes of San Francescos life, you will learn the history of this important spiritual centre. There will be some free time to stroll around and relax in the enchanting atmosphere of this Umbrian jewel.
The tour ends in Perugia with the opportunity to stroll through the old town in search of springs and fountains, beautiful views, Etruscan walls and doors, parks and gardens through trails that wind between the five historic districts of the city: Porta Sole, Porta SantAngelo, Porta Santa Susanna, Eburnea Gate and Porta San Pietro.
The city, founded by the Etruscan, is rich in history and monuments, including Fontana Maggiore, which is one of the main monuments in the city and a crucial example of medieval sculpture, the Etruscan Arch of Augustus, which is the largest monument among Etruscan remains, the gateway of the Etruscan walls, the Palazzo dei Priori and the Rocca Paolina.
Inclusions for Perugia, Assisi And Cortona Day Trip From Florence
- Transport by air-conditioned GT coach or minivan
- Guided visit of Assisi
- Expert tour escort
- Entrance to Santa Chiara Church
- Entrance to Basilica of San Francesco dAssisi
- Free time in Cortona and Perugia
Exclusions for Perugia, Assisi And Cortona Day Trip From Florence
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (English, Spanish, Italian)
Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Tuscany Small-Group Day Trip with Chianti Dinner: Siena and San Gimignano
- Renaissance Florence Walking Tour
- Private Tour: Florence Shopping Tour to Gucci and Prada Outlet
- Viator Exclusive: Early Access to the Accademia Gallery in Florence with Breakfast
- Florence Cheese and Wine Tasting
- Cooking Lesson: From The Market To The Table in Florence