Perugia, Assisi, And Passignano Sul Trasimeno Small-Group Minivan TourWrite a Review
OverviewThe charm of nature, the seduction of art and the irresistible call from the spiritual heritage in the heart of Italy.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourBe captured by the emotions of the natural scenery of the lake immersed in the green of cane thickets and surrounded by hills covered with olive trees, by a harmony emanated from old fabrics of the city of rare beauty, by the serenity generated by the powerful beauty of the spiritual places. Crossing the Tuscan countryside, the first town we meet is Passignano sul Trasimeno, a small medieval hamlet with city walls and a beautiful fortress, a famous tourist resort and a magical location to viewpoint onto the enchanting lake and islands.
After this visit we proceed through evocative landscapes until we reach the hill on which the ancient city of Perugia rises. Evidence of its Etruscan origin is preserved is the travertine walls and in the well located in the village centre. Perugia is one of the popular Italian cities of art, with a beautiful square in which you can admire real architectural jewels like the superb Palazzo dei Priori (1293-1443) and the splendid Cathedral (1345) placed beside the Loggia (1423) and one of the masterpieces of sculpture with an invaluable artistic value (13th century), the elegant Fontana Maggiore (1275).
The excursion continues until reaching the beautiful places where the patron saint of Italy, Saint Francis of Assisi (1181- 1226) lived, worked and died. On a lowland at the foot of Mount Subasio, the hill on which Assisi rises we first visit the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, built around as a protection of the famous little church of the Porziuncola where Saint Francis acknowledged his vocation and founded the Order of the Minor Friars. In this place even Santa Chiara began her monastic life. Here you can also see the rosebush without thorns which continues to grow only in this magic place and that, according to a legend, originated from the contact of the Saint with a thorny bush.
After the lunch break we reach the centre of Assisi where you will meet up with an expert local Guide who will accompany you on an exciting visit to the civil and religious artistic heritage of the city. Admire the splendid Gothic Basilica dedicated to Saint Chiara (1257) made in pink and white bands, the Renaissance Chiesa Nuova with the elegant Dome and the Roman temple of Minerva of which the first century AD façade remains.
Discover the fourteenth century Monte Frumentario and finally visit the famous and beautiful St Francis’ Basilica, a UNESCO heritage monument, built with white-rosy stone coming from Mount Subasio. The wonderful frescoed cycles by Cimabue, Giotto, Simone Martini and Lorenzetti are preserved inside the Basilica. Breathe the special atmosphere of serenity and joy that this city emanates and you will understand why it has been chosen as symbol of Peace by the delegates of the main religions in the world.
Inclusions for Perugia, Assisi, And Passignano Sul Trasimeno Small-Group Minivan Tour
- Pick-up and drop-off at the Hotel in the city center
- Transportation by luxury Minivan
- Qualified English-speaking driver-guide
- Tour of Assisi with local guide
Exclusions for Perugia, Assisi, And Passignano Sul Trasimeno Small-Group Minivan Tour
- Pick-up and drop-off at the Hotel (if not in the city center)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
The driver-guide leads the Tour providing general introductory information. He is not allowed to lead a guided visit inside a city centre, nor to provide historical and artistic information inside museums or churches
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.