OverviewDon't miss the opportunity to make traditional Genovese pesto sauce with a charismatic Italian teacher to be there for hands-on instruction. Prepare the typical ligurian Pesto sauce made of fresh aromatic basil and good olive oil in the traditional way using a marble mortar, then lean back enjoying the tasting of what you've made together with a glass of wine and some local snacks.
- Family friendly
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourSince 1976 in Levantos historical center the laboratory of the pesto prepares the most ancient and well-known sauce in the world. In this laboratory you will have the chance to learn how to make the pesto sauce with your own hands following the tradition.
After tasting a glass of sparkling wine accompanied with a local extra virgin olive oil on a bruschetta, you will taste the pesto sauce made with the modern method while assisting the demonstration and explanation of the pesto sauce made with the mortar.
Here comes the moment to make your own pesto sauce with the mortar: wash and dry the basil leaves, pounding them together with salt, pine nuts and garlic, add the parmesan cheese and at the end the extra virgin olive oil. You will get a concentrated and perfumed pesto cream, which can be used on the pasta or on a slice of bruschetta.
At the end you will enjoy your own made pesto sauce together with a glass of white wine and some typical local products such as olives 'taggiasche' (small and black olives), bruschetta with anchovies and a typical pastry with limoncino.
Inclusions for Pesto Course In Levanto
- Included in the price: pesto course with mortar, pesto tasting with a glass of wine and local appetizers, olive oil tasting, printed recipe.
Exclusions for Pesto Course In Levanto
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.