Cruise through spectacular Phang Nga Bay aboard a traditional Chinese sailing boat known as a junk. As you explore Ao Phang-Nga National Marine Park, famous for tall limestone cliffs that tower over sandy beaches and turquoise waters, you'll visit James Bond Island, Lawa island and a fishing village on Koh Panyi. Go swimming and enjoy scenic photo ops; all boat travel, buffet lunch, and hotel transport from Phuket are included.
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Small-group tour
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
Know More about this tourAfter morning hotel pickup in Phuket, travel by air-conditioned minivan for about one hour to reach the pier where you board your traditional wooden junk, a type of Chinese sailing ship that has been in use for centuries.
Stretch out in the shade or sun on the spacious deck of the large boat as your captain sails through Ao Phang-Nga National Marine Park, which is dotted with small islands that jut out of the turquoise waters of Phang Nga Bay. Your first stop is Koh Khao Phing Kan, often referred to as James Bond Island, as it was a filming location in the 1974 James Bond movie The Man with the Golden Gun. Longtail boats meet your vessel to take you to the island, providing excellent views of sculptural rock formations and inlets. You have free time to take a short walk along the sandy beach and perhaps enjoy a swim.
Next, zip over to the small island of Koh Panyi where you visit a small Muslim fishing village that a few Malay fishermen established more than 200 years ago. Most of the structures sit over the water on stilts, including a mosque and school. Don't miss the story of the floating soccer field, built by local village kids who unexpectedly created a tournament-winning youth soccer team.
Departing the fishing village, continue by longtail boat through a mangrove forest and past a sea cave before returning to the junk, where you'll tuck into a Thai buffet lunch while you sail over to Lawa Island. Here, enjoy more beach time and swimming.
In the late afternoon, your captain returns you to shore where your minivan awaits for the drive back to Phuket.
Inclusions for Phang Nga Bay Tour From Phuket By Traditional Junk Boat
- Beverages (bottled water and soft drinks)
- Professional guide
- Transport by junk and longtail boat
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Phang Nga Bay Tour From Phuket By Traditional Junk Boat
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
Not recommended for children aged 1 year and under
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Please bring sun protection, hat, swimsuit, towel and dry clothes
Language guides available for French and German
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.