OverviewEnjoy the best historical walking tour in Philadelphia. Bow Tie Tours always provides you with a passionate guide who is a teacher, and not an actor. This guide will provide fascinating and unique detail and give you an insider's details as to the history of Philadelphia. You will gain fresh and interesting insights on people like Washington, Jefferson, and Franklin as you walk the steps they walked and see the buildings where they lived and worked. You deserve this unique and enervating experience! Take a look at our reviews and then book your tour!
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Led by a local guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourThis historical walking tour begins at the Independence Visitor Center, located at 6th and Market Streets.
Then travel to more than 20 attractions and points of interest throughout the city of Philadelphia. Visit Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution were adopted. Walk to the Betsy Ross House, where it is believed the seamstress lived when she crafted the first American flag. Also, see landmarks like the Declaration House, Franklin Court, Congress Hall, the original Supreme Court building, the First Library, Carpenters Hall, and many more.
Learn from a teacher/guide who is well-trained in providing information in an interesting and entertaining manner. Whether a parent with young children or a college professor looking to gain insight into the historical activities of Philadelphia, this tour delivers. Discover how America transformed from thirteen British Colonies into a new nation. Hear about 'the first American,' Benjamin Franklin, and his exploits as a writer, scientist, diplomat, and patriot.
Hear the stories of George Washington, John Adams, and Alexander Hamilton while following in their footsteps — literally.
Inclusions for Philadelphia Historical Independence Walking Tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Philadelphia Historical Independence Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.