Philadelphia Iconic Foods Tour
OverviewTake a guided walking tour exploring the exciting culinary offerings of the historic Philadelphia neighborhood of Manayunk. Try eight iconic Philly foods, including tomato pie, soft pretzels, Italian baked goods and yes, a classic Philly cheesesteak. The 2.5-hour tour is crammed with information on the 300-year-old neighborhood, fun historical anecdotes and cultural secrets that enliven the experience in between bites.
- Editor's Pick
- Get inside tips from a local
- Likely to Sell Out
Know More about this tourYou’ll have an expert local guide for this 2.5-hour walking tour of the 300-year-old Manayunk neighborhood in Philadelphia. The neighborhood has come a long way in three centuries. Hugging the Schuylkill River about 7 miles (11 km) northwest of the city center, Manayunk was once a mill town, home to thriving cotton mills. During the Civil War, the mills switched from cotton textiles and paper to wool textiles in order to provide blankets for the troops.
The name Manayunk is a Lenni Lenape word for ‘where we go to drink,’ which is fitting for the lifestyle of 21st-century Manayunk. Even more fitting would be ‘where we go to eat and drink,’ as there are over 30 restaurants (and, in total, 80-plus businesses) along the neighborhood’s Main Street, today one of the hippest streets in the city. It is to the restaurants in and around Main Street that your expert guide will lead you to some of the best iconic Philly edibles Manayunk has to offer. After tasting everything from baked goods at ancient Italian bakeries to legendary tomato pies to soft pretzels to a classic Philly cheesesteak, you’ll leave the neighborhood full but yearning to come back for more on your own.
Along the way, learn about the classic architecture of the neighborhood and its iconic row houses. Engross yourself in historical and cultural anecdotes. By the end of the tour, you’ll know the place almost as well as the locals do.
Inclusions for Philadelphia Iconic Foods Tour
- Local guide
- 6+ Food & Drink Tastings
- TasteBook: A full-color, mini-magazine guide to Philadelphia's food scene
- Ponchos (when necessary)
Exclusions for Philadelphia Iconic Foods Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.