Phillip Island Little Penguins Parade Evening Tour - Melbourne
OverviewTravel from Melbourne to Phillip Island to watch hundreds of little penguins emerge from the surf to return to their burrows for the night. Marvel at the penguins as they waddle up the beach, feed their young, and vocally interact with each other. Phillip Island has the largest little penguin colony in the world, and you get to see them in action in their natural habitat! En route to the penguin parade, drive through the affluent suburbs of Melbourne, outlying farming communities, and the quaint fishing village of San Remo.
- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Ideal choice for families
- Fully narrated tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDepart from Melbourne in the late afternoon by comfortable coach, following the Yarra River through the leafy southeastern suburbs and rural countryside, before arriving at the bridge to Phillip Island. As you travel, listen to informative commentary from your guide about the sights you pass along the way.
Drive through the fishing village of San Remo as you cross the only bridge onto Phillip Island, stopping at the excellent Phillip Island Visitor Information Centre. Browse exhibits about Phillip Island's abundant wildlife, which includes koalas, fur seals, mutton birds and other migratory birds in addition to tonights star attraction, the little penguins.
Little penguins are the smallest penguin species, and the fact that the worlds largest colony of them can be easily visited at Phillip Island makes this a dont-miss opportunity! Penguin experts estimate that as many as 32,000 little penguins live on Phillip Island. During your visit, learn about conservation issues involved in protecting Phillip Island's wildlife. Revenue from ticket sales gets invested back into research, environmental protections, and education projects to ensure that the penguins and other wildlife flourish.
As the sun sets, head to the beach where you have a choice of the basic seating option on stands with tiered seating or choose the upgrade (details below) for prime penguin viewing. Watch hundreds of little penguins emerge from the sea and waddle along the sand to their burrows, where they feed their young with their day's catch of anchovies and pilchards.
Be sure to bring warm clothes as the ocean air can get cold at night. At the end of the penguin viewing, your coach returns you to Melbourne (about a 90-minute drive) to end your tour, with drop off at select Melbourne hotels.
Penguin Plus Viewing Platform
Upgrade your tour to include all of the above while viewing the penguins from even closer quarters for optimal viewing, accompanied by informative commentary from an expert wildlife ranger. Wooden seating and boardwalks provide excellent sight lines, with a maximum of 150 people permitted in the area.
Inclusions for Phillip Island Little Penguins Parade Evening Tour
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Admission to the Penguin Parade
Exclusions for Phillip Island Little Penguins Parade Evening Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
Departure times subject to change due to daylight savings
Be sure to bring warm layers of clothing, as the ocean air can get cold at night
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Official 'Neighbours' Tour of Ramsay Street
- Private Tour: Great Ocean Road Helicopter Tour from Melbourne
- Phillip Island Wildlife Tour and Penguin Parade Afternoon Departure from Melbourne
- Melbourne Street Art Tour
- Great Ocean Road Sunset Tour from Melbourne
- Melbourne CBD to Melbourne International and Domestic Airport Shuttle