Phillip Island Seal-Watching Cruise
OverviewSee thousands of Australian fur seals in their natural habitat during a 2-hour wildlife cruise from Phillip Island. Journey on a comfortable catamaran with indoor and outdoor viewing decks to Seal Rocks, home to the largest colony of fur seals in Australia. En route, look for dolphins, whales, penguins and seabirds while your onboard guide provides informative commentary about the wildlife and history of Phillip Island and the Mornington Peninsula. Includes complimentary afternoon tea with light snacks and coffee or tea.
Know More about this tourMake your way to Cowes Jetty on Phillip Island to board the spacious twin-deck catamaran for your afternoon seal-watching cruise. Choose seats on an outdoor or indoor deck; both offer great views as you motor over to Seal Rocks, located 1.25 miles (2 km) off the coast of Phillip Island, which serves as the breeding grounds for an estimated 12,000 fur seals.
On your way to Seal Rocks learn about the various landmarks from an onboard guide who shares expert commentary about the wildlife and history of the area along the coast of Phillip Island and the Mornington Peninsula.
The seal population has been steadily increasing since Seal Rocks became a marine sanctuary in 1928 and a State Fauna Reserve in 1966, after unrestricted hunting in the 1800s drastically reduced the seal population. When you reach Seal Rocks, the boat drifts along as you watch the playful antics of the seals. The naturally curious creatures are likely to come close to your boat to take a look at you too.
While you're out on the water, be on the lookout for whales, dolphins, penguins and seabirds. During the return journey, you are welcome to visit the captains bridge and learn about boat operations firsthand (weather permitting).
Your cruise includes an afternoon tea on your return journey, that consists tea, coffee, biscuits and cake.
After an informative and entertaining two hours on the water, your boat returns you to Cowes Jetty to end your tour.
Inclusions for Phillip Island Seal-Watching Cruise
- Live commentary on board
- Afternoon tea
Exclusions for Phillip Island Seal-Watching Cruise
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair and stroller accessible
Cruises are weather dependent, please contact your local tour operator prior to departure, please dress appropriately
Operates in open water. The vessel motion may cause discomfort to those who are affected by motion sickness
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.