Picasso Museum And Gothic Quarter Walking Tour - Barcelona
OverviewSkip the line to visit the Picasso Museum and discover the bond between Picasso and Barcelona. The museum is key to understand the development of this young artist into a genious. Discover the Gothic Quarter’s charming squares hidden away down ancient narrow streets. Come to the core of the city, where it all started 2000 years ago.
- Visit the Picasso Museum
- Explore the beauty of Cathedral of Barcelona
- The series of las Meninas by Pablo Picasso.You walk straight in the Picasso Museum and enter before the crowds arrive.
- The radio-guides allow you to follow the whole story from your earphones.
- So you can walk alongside the guide, stop for a picture and not worry about missing on anything.
Know More about this tour
The Picasso Museum and the surrounding Gothic and Ribera quarters are testimony to the close tie between the artist and the city. With this tour you will follow Picasso’s footprint in the city and discover the bond between Picasso and Barcelona.
Be inspired by the first steps of Pablo Picasso as an artist. The museum is key to understand the development of this young artist into a genious from 1887 to 1901. It is housed in 5 medieval palaces and was inaugurated in 1963 at the expressed wish of the artist.
The museum has a collection of 4200 pieces of art, we especially recommend:
Picasso’s full unfolding from a child up to the Blue Period
A representation of works from 1917
The series of las Meninas, 1957
A comprehensive print collection
This is the core of the city, where it all started 2000 years ago. Enjoy the Gothic Quarter’s charming corners and squares hidden away down ancient narrow streets.
Façade of the Cathedral. The works in the Gothic Quarter started in the 1400s’ and finished 6 centuries later. You will also see the remains of the Roman Wall nearby.
Plaça del Rei (King’s Square). The square is a medieval marvel surrounded by some of the most grand monuments of the time: the tower of King Martí is 5 floors high and was built in 1555; the chapel of Santa Àgata (1600s) and Saló dle Tinell (1300s). It is said that the Catholic monarchs, Ferdinand and Isabela, received Columbus here on his return from America.
Plaça Sant Jaume. Historically, the city’s two major Roman roads crossed here: the Cardo and the Decumanus. Since then it is the centre of political activity, with the City Hall facing the Palau de la Generalitat, seat of the Autonomous Catalan Government.
- Departure point in Plaça Catalunya, in front of Hotel Olivia Plaza and Deutsche Bank
- Façade of the Cathedral
- Skip the line and guided visit in the Picasso Museum
- Plaça del Rei
- End of tour in plaça Sant Jaume in the Gothic Quarter. It is a 2 minute walk to la Rambla, so you can stay and wonder around or return to Plaça Catalunya. Our guide will give you all the orientations you may need.
Inclusions for Picasso Museum And Gothic Quarter Walking Tour
- Skip the line and entrance fee to the Picasso Museum. Walking tour.
- 45 minutes of guided visit plus some free time in the Picasso Museum
Exclusions for Picasso Museum And Gothic Quarter Walking Tour
- Pick up or return to the hotel
- If you cancel between 1 days To 365 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Girona and Costa Brava Private Day Trip from Barcelona
- Montserrat Tour from Barcelona Including Lunch and Wine Tasting in Oller del Mas
- Barcelona Bike Tour
- Barcelona Shore Excursion: Skip the Line Sagrada Familia, Park Guell and La Pedrera
- Barcelona 2-Hour Afternoon Electric Bike Tour
- Costa Brava Sea Kayak Tour from Barcelona