This time, the words a walk on the wild side, include some cheese and wine. Your typical picnic doesn't have adult African lions hanging around, but ours does. Enjoy an afternoon with our lions as you partake in a delicious picnic under the shade of our famous bush willow tree.
The heat of the afternoon sun tends to put our lions into cat-nap mode making it the perfect opportunity for you to spend some quality time with each other, as well as our lions.
Join us for the surreal experience of picnicking with fully-grown African lions. You'll walk away not only stuffed with delicious cheese and wine, but with a deeper understanding of these incredible animals through the time you share with them.
Youll meet your guides at reception and take a short walk into the bush where youll have a safety briefing. When youre ready, youll be joined by the rest of the team and two lions! You'll take a walk through the conservancy until you reach the pristine river valley where you'll have your picnic. Nerves are to be expected, but by the end of the day youll feel like part of the pride and be left with a memory youll never forget.
- Learn about the majestic African lion without fences or game vehicles getting in the way.
- All our guides know the lions well. So they know that the key to a safe lion picnic is respecting the animals and understanding that they are wild animals who are letting us share in their company.
- No need to bring along cameras one of our guides will take all the photos you could ever need that will then be emailed to you afterwards.
- You'll be amazed at how quickly you start to feel comfortable in the company of one of Africa's incredible big cats.
- It's an incredible experience to tell your friends about just as long as you're not left permanently speechless!