Pieskowa Skala Castle And Czestochowa Including The 'Black Madonna' Day Tour From Krakow
OverviewFollow the Eagles Nest Trail to Czestochowa to see the "Black Madonna", a Gothic painting of Our Lady at the monastery of Jasna Gora. Returning to Krakow you will stop at the Renaissance Castle in Pieskowa Skala which is home to the Museum of the National Wawel Art Collections.
Know More about this tourIn the city of Czestochowa is Poland's national shrine and the icon which has drawn pilgrims from across the globe for centuries.
The monastery of Jasna Gora is home to the miraculous "Black Madonna", a Gothic painting of Our Lady, which after Rome, Lourdes and Mecca makes Czestochowa one of the most important pilgrimage destinations in the world today. Your visit to the monastery includes the Miraculous Picture Chapel and the Basilica.
Also, you can visit the 600th-Anniversary Museum, the Arsenal and the Treasury on your own, if you wish, while others on the tour have a break for lunch and buying souvenirs.
Your journey back to Krakow takes you along the Eagles Nests Trail, an historic strategic system of watchtowers and castles. Today most of these are in ruins. However, not all of them have been destroyed completely and you will see some that have managed to endure the rigors of time.
On the way back from Czestochowa there will be stop over in Pieskowa Skala to visit a well-preserved Renaissance Castle along the Eagle Nests Trail. High on a cliff over the valley of the Pradnik river, this 14th century fortification was rebuilt in the 16th century as a Renaissance residence. Today it is home to the Museum of the National Wawel Art Collections.
Inclusions for Pieskowa Skala Castle And Czestochowa Including The 'Black Madonna' Day Tour From Krakow
- Hotel pick up and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance ticket to the Pieskowa Skala Castle (from November to April Pieskowa Skaa Castle is closed for the visitors. You will visit the castle from the outside).
- Licensed guide
Exclusions for Pieskowa Skala Castle And Czestochowa Including The 'Black Madonna' Day Tour From Krakow
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Itinerary:Pieskowa Skala Castle is currently closed for refurbishment from November to March, during this time you will visit Ogrodziniec Castle instead.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
From November to April Pieskowa Skaa Castle is closed for the visitors. You will visit the castle from the outside.
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements, Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.