OverviewFollow the Eagles Nest Trail to Czestochowa to see the "Black Madonna", a Gothic painting of Our Lady at the monastery of Jasna Gora. Returning to Krakow you will stop at the Renaissance Castle in Pieskowa Skala which is home to the Museum of the National Wawel Art Collections.
Know More about this tourIn the city of Czestochowa is Poland's national shrine and the icon which has drawn pilgrims from across the globe for centuries.
The monastery of Jasna Gora is home to the miraculous "Black Madonna", a Gothic painting of Our Lady, which after Rome, Lourdes and Mecca makes Czestochowa one of the most important pilgrimage destinations in the world today. Your visit to the monastery includes the Miraculous Picture Chapel and the Basilica.
Also, you can visit the 600th-Anniversary Museum, the Arsenal and the Treasury on your own, if you wish, while others on the tour have a break for lunch and buying souvenirs.
Your journey back to Krakow takes you along the Eagles Nests Trail, an historic strategic system of watchtowers and castles. Today most of these are in ruins. However, not all of them have been destroyed completely and you will see some that have managed to endure the rigors of time.
On the way back from Czestochowa there will be stop over in Pieskowa Skala to visit a well-preserved Renaissance Castle along the Eagle Nests Trail. High on a cliff over the valley of the Pradnik river, this 14th century fortification was rebuilt in the 16th century as a Renaissance residence. Today it is home to the Museum of the National Wawel Art Collections.
Inclusions for Pieskowa Skala Castle And Czestochowa Including The 'Black Madonna' Day Tour From Krakow
- Hotel pick up and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Pieskowa Skala Castle And Czestochowa Including The 'Black Madonna' Day Tour From Krakow
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Itinerary:Pieskowa Skala Castle is currently closed for refurbishment from November to March, during this time you will visit Ogrodziniec Castle instead.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Some walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Wieliczka Salt Mine Guided Tour
- Krakow Old Town Walking Tour
- Kazimierz Jewish Quarter Walking Tour
- Taste Of Poland - Food Tour
- Krakow Sightseeing By Eco-Vehicle
- Dictatour Half Day Communism Guided Tour
- Small Group Markets And Flavours Of Krakow With An Authentic Polish Lunch
- Auschwitz Shared Group Tour From Krakow
- Polish Folklore Show And Dinner In Krakow
- Chopin Piano Concert At Chopin Gallery In Krakow