Pirigovo Village Skansen Open-air Museum - Kiev
OverviewTour of Ukrainian Museum of Folk architecture and Peasant Homes Pirohgovo Village.Ukraine in miniature. Reflection of natural, geographic, architectural and ethnographic peculiarities of regions of Ukraine in 16-20 centuries.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourCollection of authentic constructions. When our guests are interested in Ukrainian rurallife and traditions, we recommend them the interesting Kiev excursions tour to Pirigivooften go their ourselves together with friends to have rest at the countryside,to breathe fresh air and to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of an old Ukrainian village.
It takes about half an hour to get to Pirogovo by car. Pirogovo is the largest outdoormuseums in the world was founded in 1969 and opened for visitors in 1976. Pirogovomuseum occupies a large area of 150 hectares and consists of small Ukrainian peasant housesof 18-19 century, windmills and wooden churches brought from different Ukrainian regions.
The museums stock also contains more than 70 thousand folk culture artefacts. Each separatevillageof the museum features buildings typical for a certainhistorical region of Ukraine: Polesia, Sloboda, Ukraine and Poltava Region, Carpathian's,Middle Dnieper Ukraine, Podolia, and Southern Ukraine. It is possible to enter the houses and see how Ukrainiansused to live, where they slept and what house appliances they used in villages. The houses in Pirogovobelonged to real Ukrainian people and their things, rushnyks (Ukrainian towels), pottery and instrumentsare still preserved there...There are even small gardens and kitchen gardens near each house where
museum employees grow fruits, vegetables and beautiful flowers. When you enter a house, youfeel the smell of earth, clay and straw and wonder how easily you can breathe in primitivehouses Ukrainian people built only a few centuries ago. One of Pirogovo houses is a village
school with an ancient blackboard, benches for pupils and even timetable. You can also see therea small room where the teacher lived and can imagine as if yougot into Ukraine of the 18th century when only a small percent of children could learnreading and writing and the rest of people were illiterate. A few times a year, there are fairs inPirogovo, when masters from different regions come and sell authentic Ukrainian souvenirs.Then, if you are hungry, you can have a lunch of Ukrainian food at Shynok. They cook very tastyUkrainian cuisine. Pirogovo celebrates different national Ukrainian holidays.
Inclusions for Pirigovo Village Skansen Open-air Museum
- Private 3-hour guided tour of the Pirogovo Village Museum from Kiev
- Explore traditional homes and architecture of the ancient Ukraine
- See how life played out in centuries gone by discovering top sites in interest such as the priests house and the old school
- Visit the 3-domed wooden church Watch traditional windmills high on the hillside
- Transport by private car or minivan, minibus
- Tour includes round trip transfer from the hotel/apartment accommodation to museum and back to the Kiev
Exclusions for Pirigovo Village Skansen Open-air Museum
- Entrance fees to the Museum (about 2 US$ per person).
- Please know that you should pay entrance fees for your private guide
- Food and drinks
- Extra service
- Souvenirs and photos are available to purchase on the territory
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Foreign language speaking guides are available upon request
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.