Pisa Segway Tour
OverviewExplore Pisa by Segway on this 3-hour tour and discover wonders unseen by many visitors. An expert guide leads you through beautiful medieval streets, along the Arno River to view Fortezza Nuova, the lovely Santa Maria della Spina, and Sapienza Palace where Galileo studied. In Knights’ Square, learn about the elite university founded by Napoleon Bonaparte, and ride through the Field of Dreams to admire the Baptistery, the Duomo and of course, the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Numbers limited to eight people, ensuring a small-group experience.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourChoose between a shared or private tour, with a morning, afternoon or evening departure, and make your own way to the meeting point in central Pisa.
Meet your guide, collect your Segway, strap on your helmet and learn the basics during a 30-minute training session. Headphones are available to help you hear your guide clearly. Then, follow your guide and zoom to the Field of Dreams, a massive expanse of green home to Pisa’s three most important sights: the Baptistery, the Duomo and the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Learn about the Romanesque Duomo with its carved pulpit by Giovanni Pisano, and hear about the unusual acoustics in the Baptistery. Then, marvel at the Leaning Tower of Pisa and discover how the 294 steps that lead up to the bell tower do in fact lean.
Next, continue down via Santa Maria and arrive at the 16th-century Knights’ Square (Piazza dei Cavalieri). Here, discover how Napoleon built an elite university called Scuola Normale Superiore, modeled after the École Normale Supérieure in Paris. Several Nobel Prize winners, including poet Giosuè Carducci, have come out of the Scuola.
Ride through Borgo Stretto, an upscale shopping area, and reach the Arno River. Travel east along the riverbank and admire Giardino Scotto and Fortezza Nuova (New Fortress), from the historical Ponte della Fortezza bridge.Then, head back west and pass by majestic palaces, remnants of the Pisa’s glorious past during the Middle Ages.
Stop at the small but impressive Santa Maria della Spina, a 13th-century Gothic beauty perched overlooking the river, and notice how the white marbled facade almost shimmers under the Tuscan sun.
On your way back to the Field of Dreams, admire the arched columns of the multilevel 16th-century Palazzo della Sapienza, where Galileo studied, and finish the tour where you started.
Inclusions for Pisa Segway Tour
- Segway tour
- 30-minute orientation session
- Headphones to hear the guide clearly
- Use of helmet (optional)
- Ponchos (in case of rain)
Exclusions for Pisa Segway Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum age is 16 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.