Playa Del Carmen Food Tour - Playa Del Carmen
OverviewEat like a local on this small-group food tour which offers a thorough introduction to Mexican cuisine and the authentic dishes of the Yucatan in Playa del Carmen. Visit and eat at places that are far from the tourist mainstays. A great experience for adventurous food lovers.
- Small-group tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourTravel and food go together perfectly, so why not have a delicious trip while visiting Playa del Carmen? Take your taste buds for a ride on this 2-hour all-inclusive food tour of Mexican cuisine. Mexico's cuisine is known for its varied flavors, vibrant colors, and variety of spices and ingredients. It is a blend of indigenous (Mayan/ Aztec) and European elements (mainly Spanish) and in the busy streets of Playa you will be sure to find it all!
On this food tour you will indulge on authentic Mexican food and regional dishes of the Yucatan. Your local foodie expert will guide you to small, out-of-the-way eateries and locales, away from the tourist mainstays and the tourist path of 5th Avenue. Leave everything in the hands of your passionate, highly knowledgeable guide, including transportation, menu selection, and even paying the bills. All you have to do is savor the food and take a photo or two to remember your culinary journey.
The general itinerary includes 5 tasting stops at local food stalls/ stands and restaurants. Begin your tour with the regional cuisine of the Yucatan by trying one of the best tacos you will ever have (your culinary guides personal favorite). You will continue your food journey of Mexico by tasting other regional dishes and ending on a sweet note. In addition to the local food stalls and restaurants you will visit, you will also get a chance to see the local Mexican open-air farmers market. Learn about some of the ingredients you eat and how they are used.
You will be guided along the streets of Playa del Carmen that serve some of the best local food. Some walking is involved so bring comfortable shoes. Also, be sure to come prepared to eat, even though these are tastings you will leave quite full.
Inclusions for Playa Del Carmen Food Tour
- All food and drinks (tastings at 5 locations)
- Transportation (some taxi transportation is required)
- Local/ Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Playa Del Carmen Food Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.