OverviewDiscover the city of Plovdiv, one of Bulgaria's oldest towns and the mystical Bachkovo monastery. From Sofia will head by a car to one of the most historical and oldest cities. There you will spend a half of the day and then head to Bachkovo monastery. You will have the chance to enjoy and explore the most picturesque and exciting sightseeing and history.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
The cliche "you must see Plovdiv to see Bulgaria" is absolutely true and there is so much to explore in the country's second largest town. Plovdiv is about 1,5 hours drive from Sofia and is situated in the western part of the Thracian Valley. It is one of the oldest settlements in the world, having emerged on the three adjacent hills – the beginning of its history dates back to 4,000 years BC. It has preserved Thracian, Roman and Bulgarian heritage from different epochs. There will be a 3 hour walking tour in the heart of the town and you will learn lots of historical facts and legends while exploring its most interesting sightseeing places.
After exploring Plovdiv you will head to the mountains and visit the second biggest monastery in Bulgaria- Bachkovo monastery. It is an important monument of Christian architecture and one of the largest and oldest Eastern Orthodox monasteries in Europe. It is famous for the icon of Virgin Marry, dating back to the 14th century, which is taught to be miraculous and thousands of people each year come to see it.
Inclusions for Plovdiv And Bachkovo Monastery Private Day Trip From Sofia
- Professional private driver- guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation by an A/C car with free Wi Fi
- Sightseeing tour in Plovdiv
Exclusions for Plovdiv And Bachkovo Monastery Private Day Trip From Sofia
- Food & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- 20 euro per person if a guide in Spanish/ Italian/ German/ French or Russian language is selected because in Bulgaria they are more expensive
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable walking shoes, the terrain in the old town is harsh.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.