OverviewDiscover the city of Plovdiv, one of Bulgaria's oldest towns and the mystical Bachkovo monastery. From Sofia will head by a car to one of the most historical and oldest cities. There you will spend a half of the day and then head to Bachkovo monastery. You will have the chance to enjoy and explore the most picturesque and exciting sightseeing and history.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourThe cliche "you must see Plovdiv to see Bulgaria" is absolutely true and there is so much to explore in the country's second largest town. Plovdiv is about 2 hour drive from Sofia, and is situated in the western part of the Thracian Valley. It is the second biggest town in Bulgaria and also one of the oldest towns in the world. There will be 3 hour walking in the old part of Plovdiv and you will learn lots of historical facts and legends. After exploring Plovdiv you will head to the mountains and visit the second biggest monastery in Bulgaria, Bachkovo monastery.
Plovdiv is one of the oldest cities in Europe – the beginning of its history dates back to 4,000 years BC. The town in its present appearance was built around seven hills – the hills of Plovdiv (Plovdiv Tepes) which are an inseparable part of the city’s history.
The Bachkovo Monastery Dormition of the Holy Mother of God, archaically the Petritsoni Monastery or Monastery of the Mother of God Petritzonitissa in Bulgaria is an important monument of Christian architecture and one of the largest and oldest Eastern Orthodox monasteries in Europe.
Inclusions for Plovdiv And Bachkovo Monastery Private Day Trip From Sofia
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Plovdiv And Bachkovo Monastery Private Day Trip From Sofia
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 7 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.