The cliche "you must see Plovdiv to see Bulgaria" is absolutely true and there is so much to explore in the country's second largest town. Plovdiv is about 1,5 hours drive from Sofia and is situated in the western part of the Thracian Valley. It isone of the oldest settlements in the world, having emerged on the three adjacent hills the beginning of its history dates back to 4,000 years BC. It has preserved Thracian, Roman and Bulgarian heritage from different epochs.There will be a walking tour in the heart of the town and you will learn lots of historical facts and legends while exploring its most interesting sightseeing places.In the afternoon you will go to the charming town of Koprivshtitsa, with its fascinating history and authentic 19th century architecture. Spend the rest of the day in this small and picturesque town situated in Central Bulgaria among the slopes of Stara Planina Mountain that carries a specific spirit of tranquility and eternity. Learn about the dramatic Bulgarian History from your professional guide and get the chance to visit the original houses of the heroes of the April Uprising.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 9 Hrs
Departure Time :
9 am Hotel pickups commence prior to this timeHotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Departure Details :
Hotel pick up at 8.00 by a private car. Please indicate your hotel.
Return Details :
Return to the hotel in the end of the tour.
OverviewDiscover the city of Plovdiv - one of Bulgaria's oldest towns, a 1,5 hour drive from Sofia, is situated in the western part of the fertile Thracian Valley. It is also one of the oldest towns in the world, a contemporary to Troya and Mycenae. and then you will continue to charming Koprivshtitsa with authentic 19th century architecture. Small town - tucked in the bosom of "Sredna gora" mountain, surrounded by century old pines, brought to life by crystal clear streams and rivers and the ancient echoes of the Bulgarian revolutionary spirit.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
- Professional driver- guide
- Private tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation by an A/C car with free Wi Fi
- Sightseeing tour in Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa
- Museums entrance fees: 2- 5 euro (optional)
- Food & personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Up to 10 euro more per person if a guide in Spanish or Italian language is selected- should be paid directly to the guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
At least 3 people per reservation are required for this tour
You Might Also Like
- Shuttle to Rila Monastery plus Boyana Church
- Birdwatching tour to Dragoman Marsh from Sofia
- Airport Transfers to and from Borovets
- One-Day Ski or Snowboard Break for Beginners
- One-day Intermediate or Advanced Ski or Snowboard Break
- Shared Departure Transfer: Bansko to Sofia Airport
- Shared Arrival Transport: Sofia Airport to Borovets Resort
- Shared Departure Transfer: Borovets to Sofia Airport