Pokai Bay Stand-up Paddleboard Lesson - Honolulu
OverviewHave fun on the water with a stand-up paddleboard lesson at Pokai Bay during your vacation in Oahu, the perfect place to try this popular water sport. Stand-up paddleboarding (or SUP) began in Hawaii; its a great alternative to surfing or kayaking. An experienced instructor teaches you proper paddling technique, how to understand the ocean's movement, and how to maneuver your board. Take your choice of a private or small-group lesson; both options provide a personalized experience with your expert guide.
- Family friendly
- Small-group tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourHead to Pokai Bay to meet your expert SUP instructor. Start your 1- or 2-hour lesson by getting outfitted with your paddleboard and other gear as needed.
Once you have your equipment, your instructor provides a brief introduction to stand-up paddleboarding before you head to one of the best spots to practice your new SUP skills. Learn to hold your paddle correctly, how to steer your paddleboard, and get tips on how to read the current and remain upright on your board. But don't worry if you fall in the water; the board has a leash that keeps it tethered to you and getting wet is part of the fun!
When you're ready, hop in the water, stand up on your board, and give it a whirl. For a relaxing ride, simply paddle around flat water. If you want more excitement, you can try to ride the waves on the SUP. You'll also get amazing views of Oahu's west coast from this gem of a beach. You may even spot sea turtles, dolphins, and fish in Pokai Bay.
Choose from a morning or afternoon lesson, and whether you want to learn with a small-group or by private lesson. Small-group lessons are limited to no more than four people per instructor. Both options provide comprehensive instruction and guidance on the water as you learn this popular water sport.
Inclusions for Pokai Bay Stand-up Paddleboard Lesson
- Stand-Up Paddle Board (rental)
- Paddle (rental)
- Long-sleeved Rashguard (rental)
- Reef shoes (rental)
- Leash (rental)
- SUP instruction
- Life Jackets Available
Exclusions for Pokai Bay Stand-up Paddleboard Lesson
- Hotel pickup available from Ko Olina hotels at additional charge, must contact local operator after booking.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years for group bookings
Minimum age is 5 years for private bookings
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.