Polish Cemetery in Zvenigorodka from Kiev period of the Second Partition of the PolishLithuanian Commonwealth in 1743. Graves of the PolishLithuanian heroes who defend Motherland against the Russian Impair's troops. The town appeared during the time of Kievan Russia. For years it was ruled by Poland. It was attacked in 1737, and in 1743 Zvenigorodka castle was stormed and captured. In 1792 the town was placed under Magdeburg rule. After the second partition of Poland in 1793 that part of the Ukraine located on the right bank of the Dnieper River was incorporated into Russia. Russia, a country that did not permit the entrance of Jews suddenly by the partition of Poland found itself with millions of them.Zvenyhorodka became part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania in the beginning of the 15th century. It passed to theCrown of the Kingdom of Poland in 1569. In 1792, King Stanisaw August Poniatowski granted Zwinogrdka city rights. It was a royal city of Poland. In the next year it was annexed by Russia after the Second Partition of Poland.The 1793 Second Partition of the PolishLithuanian Commonwealth was the second of three partitions (or partial annexations) that ended the existence of the PolishLithuanian Commonwealth by 1795. The second partition occurred in the aftermath of the War in Defense of the Constitution and the Targowica Confederation of 1792, and was approved by its territorial beneficiaries, the Russian Empire and the Kingdom of Prussia. The division was ratified by the coerced Polish parliament (Sejm) in 1793 (see the Grodno Sejm) in a short-lived attempt to prevent the inevitable complete annexation of Poland, the Third Partition.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 10 Hrs
Departure Time :
8am Please inform the time meeting at the day of the tour and sign name for the meeting in your booking. Your chosen the time departure in your booking. Otherwise the Tour start at 8am by the local.. read more
Departure Details :
Traveler's centrally located Hotel or Apartment in Kiev.
Return Details :
Tour ends with the Kiev's hotel drop-off.
OverviewPolish Cemetery in Zvenigorodka from Kiev. Zvenigorodka is today a town and county seat in the Cherkassy region of the Ukraine, located on the Predeprovsk Hills above the Ghiloi Tikich River (now called the Uman River) in the Bug River Valley. It is seven kilometers from Zvenigorodka Castle and boasts a population of 15,000 as of 2010.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
- Private guided tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-way private transfer
- Transportation by private car or minivan, minibus
- Food and drinks
- Extra service
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Polish speaking guide is confirmed in the price in case of necessary it service.
Another language speaking guide is on request. (subject for the pricing)
You Might Also Like
- Highlights of Kiev Private Sightseeing Tour
- Private Arrival Transfer: Kiev Boryspil International Airport to Kiev Hotel
- Kiev City Tour with a Private Guide
- Full Day Private City Tour of Kiev
- Chernihiv Day Trip from Kyiv
- Jewish History of Kiev including Babi Yar Memorial Private Tour
- Private Full-Day Chernihiv Tour from Kiev
- Private Departure Transfer: Kiev Boryspil International Airport from Kiev Hotel