Stroll the streets of Washington, DCs oldest residential neighborhood as we discover the birthplace of American politics. See the iconic U.S. Capitol Building, the Supreme Court, and Library of Congress. Engage in a lively discussion and debate about historic and current American politics, all led by a local guide. Finish up with a drink on DCs historic Barracks Row.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tour
Washington, DC is the center of American government and politics – and this tour will let you experience all the political action and participate in the debate! Our guides will act as educators and facilitators and give you all the information, history, and context you need to have a lively debate with your fellow guests and, who knows, we may solve some issues while we’re at it! Even if we don’t change any policies, we’ll still end the tour at a bar where the drinks will cement our friendships and loosen our tongues.
Your Washington, DC tour begins at the heart of the city, the U.S. Capitol Building. Here, you’ll discover the origins of the city, the inner workings of the American government, and some incredible stories about U.S. politics as you stand right in front of the building that started it all. Discuss the development of the city as you gaze upon the Capitol, Supreme Court, and Library of Congress.
Next, we’ll wander up one of the most historic streets in the city while engaging in a lively political discussion and debate, all led by your guide. Opinions welcome, but keep it friendly!
During our journey we’ll pass and discuss some of the most historic places of Capitol Hill, including the Eastern Market, the Old Navy Hospital, and the Marine Core Barracks. Find out where all the movers and shakers meet outside the office, and uncover the changes the neighborhood and city have undergone. You’ll be fascinated by the how you can see the origins of the city in the Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Finally, we’ll check out the oldest commercial district in the city, Barrack’s Row. There, your local guide will point out some of the best spots to eat, drink, and socialize in the city, before ending our Washington tour at one of our favorite bars on the Row.
Inclusions for Politics And Pints: Small Group Capitol Hill Tour With Local Guide
- Local English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Politics And Pints: Small Group Capitol Hill Tour With Local Guide
- Food and drinks
Souvenirs and personal shopping
Tips/gratuities for your guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please dress comfortably and appropriate for the weather, as much of the tour takes place outside.
Your small group will include a maximum of 12 people.
This is a family friendly tour; children are permitted to join.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.