OverviewVisit the ruins of two fossilized ancient towns – Pompeii and Herculaneum – in one day on this must-do tour from Naples! After exploring Pompeii’s UNESCO-listed archeological site with an expert guide, stop to see an ancient local trade in action at a cameo and coral factory, and then relax over lunch. Spend your afternoon in the coastal town of Ercolano, exploring the lesser-known (but equally captivating) ruins of Herculaneum at leisure. Entry to both sites is payable at your own expense.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourLeave central Naples hotel in the morning and head southeast to the ancient town of Pompeii by air-conditioned coach – roughly 40 minutes away. Once buried under a sea of Mount Vesuvius’ volcanic ash and rubble, the town was ‘rediscovered’ in the mid-18th century when King Charles III of Naples ordered a new palace to be built.
After entering the site at your own expense, hear about the history of Pompeii on a walking tour of its ruins, and learn little-known tales about the people who perished in the ancient town. See fascinating excavations of monuments like the Forum and Teatro Grande – a colossal 5,000-seat theater.
After your tour, hop back on board your coach and travel to a family-owned cameo and corals factory to see carved coral jewelry being made. Watch craftsmen in work, and then visit the factory’s shop where you can browse for gifts to take home, if you wish. Stop for lunch in the nearby 18th-century Ristorante Vesuvio – designed in authentic Pompeiana style, and then hop back aboard your coach and travel the short distance north to the fishing town of Ercolana to visit the ruins of Herculaneum – another ancient town that fell ‘victim’ to Mount Vesuvius’ AD 79 eruption.
Unfairly overshadowed by Pompeii in the fame stakes, Herculaneum actually boasts a wealth of archeological treasures to rival its better-known neighbor, and many visitors find the ruins a lot easier to navigate. After entering at your own expense, explore at leisure, seeing incredibly preserved monuments – many complete with original mosaics -- as well as poignant fossils of the villagers in their terrifying final moments.
Return to your coach at the pre-arranged time and continue your journey north to Naples. Your tour finishes in central Naples in the late afternoon.
Inclusions for Pompeii And Herculaneum Day Trip From Naples
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (from selected Naples hotels - advise on reconfirmation)
- Local guide in Pompeii
Exclusions for Pompeii And Herculaneum Day Trip From Naples
- Gratuities (optional)
- Guide in Herculaneum
- Entrance fees: Pompeii and Herculaneum
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
If less than five people are in your group, your tour will operate with an audio guide in place of an actual local guide in Pompeii
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.