Pompeii And Herculaneum Led By An Archaeologist With Private Transport - Naples
OverviewThis tour consists in a marvelous walk in company of a competent archaeologist around of the ancient Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum buried from the ashes of the volcano Vesuvius in 79 a. D.A walk in Pompeii is a very strong experience; you'll have the feeling of wandering in a town that is still alive. The guide will tell you about the history of the town and how the Romans lived, showing you all the most important public buildings and private houses.While Pompeii had been covered in five meters of ash, an avalanche of mud 20 meters thick buried Herculaneum, which is smaller but better preserved then Pompeii; there It is still possible to see second stories, carbonized wooden objects, intact paintings and mosaics. With our guide's explanation the city will come to life.
Know More about this tourPompeii:
In 2 hours you will see in detail the western part of the ancient town where the most important public buildings homes and shops are located.
Highlights: the Marina Gate, the Basilica (court house), the Forum (main square), the Forum baths, the Lupanar (brothel), the bakery, the house of Faun, the house of Menander, the plaster casts of the victims and the Theatres amd much more...
Stop for a lunch of about 1 hour, it is optional, if you wish we can suggest some of the best restaurants around the ruins
A wonderful 2 hours walk through the fascinating town
Highlights: Temple of the Augustali, the beach where more than 300 skeletons were found, the thermal baths, the forum, the house of Neptune and Amphitrite, the Samnite house, the House of the Skeleton, the gymnasium, the house of the Dears and much more
Inclusions for Pompeii And Herculaneum Led By An Archaeologist With Private Transport
- Hotel/port drop-off
- Hotel/port pickup
- The guidance and assistance for the entire tour by a qualified archaeologist;
- transportation with a private Mercedes and a professional driver
- All taxes, gas and parking expenses.
- 1 bottle of water 0,5 L
Exclusions for Pompeii And Herculaneum Led By An Archaeologist With Private Transport
- Entrance fees: Pompeii 15 euro per person, Herculaneum 11 euro per person (free for the under 18)
- Meals (not obliged to stop)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Suggested comfortable shoes.
In the summer NO flip flops.
Best to bring sunglasses, sunscreen and water.
Lunch stop in between Pompeii and Herculaneum (not obliged to stop)
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii Day Trip from Naples
- Naples Food Walking Tour
- Ischia Opera Season: The Three Tenors
- Positano and Amalfi semi-private
- Full-Day Positano and Amalfi Cruise from Naples
- Positano and Amalfi boat tour from Naples
- Positano & Amalfi Boat Exprerience Daily Tour with Limoncello Tasting From Naples
- Positano & Amalfi Boat Exprerience Daily Tour with Limoncello Tasting From San Giorgio