Pompeii And Herculaneum Small Group Walking Tour Led By An Archaeologist - Naples
OverviewThis tour consists in a marvellous walk around of the ancient Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum, buried from the ashes of the volcano Vesuvius in 79 a. D. In 4 hours I'll be able to show you most of the highlights of the towns!A walk in Pompeii is a very intense experience; you'll have the feeling of wandering in a town that is still alive. I will tell you about the history of the town and how the Romans lived, showing you all the most important public buildings and private houses.Herculaneum is much smaller but better preserved then Pompeii. While Pompeii had been covered in four to five meters of ashes, an avalanche of muds 20 meters thick had buried Herculaneum.Second stories, carbonized wooden objects, intact paintings and mosaics are still preserved. With my explanation I'll make the city come to life.This tour can be further customized upon request
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Family friendly
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
- Led by an art historian
Know More about this tourPompeii:
A 2 hours tour of Pompeii allows seeing in detail the western part of the ancient town where the most important public buildings homes and shops are located.
Highlights: the Marina Gate, the Basilica (court house), the Forum (main square), the Forum baths, the Lupanar (brothel), the bakery, the house of Faun, the Termopolium Capuano, the house of Tragic Poet, the plaster casts.
Transfer by train to Herculaneum (30 minutes trip + 10 minutes walk) and quick lunch break if required
A wonderful 2 hours walk through the city of Herculaneum including: the Temple of the Augustali, the beach where more then 300 skeletons were found, the thermal baths, the forum, the house of Neptune and Amphitrite, the Samnite house, the gymnasium, the house of the Dears and much more.
Inclusions for Pompeii And Herculaneum Small Group Walking Tour Led By An Archaeologist
- Led by local archaeologist
- Small group walking tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Exclusions for Pompeii And Herculaneum Small Group Walking Tour Led By An Archaeologist
- Food and drinks
- Train tickets (2EUR per person)
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
1 hour free time for lunch stop or shopping is scheduled after the tour of Pompeii
sunglasses and sunscreen are suggested
Comfortable shoes are required, NO flip flops
Small group maximum 10 people
This tour can be further customized upon request
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii Day Trip from Naples
- Naples Food Walking Tour
- Ischia Opera Season: The Three Tenors
- Positano and Amalfi semi-private
- Full-Day Positano and Amalfi Cruise from Naples
- Positano and Amalfi boat tour from Naples
- Positano & Amalfi Boat Exprerience Daily Tour with Limoncello Tasting From Naples
- Positano & Amalfi Boat Exprerience Daily Tour with Limoncello Tasting From San Giorgio