Pompeii And Mt. Vesuvius Day Trip From Naples With Lunch And Wine Tastings
OverviewExplore the archaeological wonders of Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius with an incredible food and wine experience.Benefit from skip-the-line, pre-booked entry to the ruins of Pompeii with an official local guide.Visit the most famous wine producer on Mt. Vesuvius where you will enjoy a tasting of 6 local wines, a 3-course lunch and a visit to the vineyards and cellar, with a complete explanation of the grape varieties and wine making process from the owner.Hike to the top of Mt. Vesuvius and take a look inside its still active crater and admire the panoramic views over Naples.An expert tour leader will be on hand throughout the day to tell you entertaining stories to enrich your all-inclusive experience. Sit back, relax and enjoy!Groups are limited to 25 people per tour guide to make sure you get the most from your visit. All transfers are provided on a comfortable, air-conditioned coach.
- Skip the line
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- All-inclusive tour
- Free drinks included
Know More about this tourUncover the marvelously preserved ruins of the ancient city Pompeii on the only tour that combines an in-depth guided visit to this renowned UNESCO World Heritage Site, a trip up the volcano responsible for its very existence, and a delicious lunch of the regions most cherished recipes paired with 6 superb locally produced wines. Your imagination and palate will delight on this thrilling day spent in the shadow of Mt. Vesuvius with expert local guides, great food and wine, as well as an itinerary that will take you to these acclaimed sights directly from the heart of Naples!
Meet up with your expert local guide and hop aboard a comfortable private coach for the archaeological area of Pompeii. Your guide will share captivating stories and history behind the fateful day in 79 AD when Mt. Vesuvius exploded in one of the most catastrophic eruptions ever, covering the area in a thick layer of ash and rubble.
Once we get to Pompeii youll benefit from skip-the-line, pre-booked entry and the expertise of an official local guide, as you walk this former port resorts main streets just as the ancient Romans did. The stones are still worn with tracks from the chariots that tread them nearly 2,000 years ago! Well visit the forum, the center of Pompeiis political and social life, the startling plaster death casts of the victims of the violent eruption that destroyed the city, as well as take a look inside intact dwellings complete with their porticoes, mosaics and frescoes. The citys baths and gymnasiums will also impress as you look across the millennia at a moment frozen in time forever.
After Pompeii, well take you up the lush slopes of Mt. Vesuvius itself to meet its most famous wine producer for a tasting of 6 fantastic native varieties produced from the volcanic soil right beneath your feet! Enjoy an inviting 3-course lunch of some of the regions most delectable culinary delights, including cheeses, cured meats, pasta with local piennolo heirloom tomatoes and a mouthwatering pastiera napoletana pastry dessert with ricotta cheese and fruit. Admire sweeping views from the terrace over the surrounding countryside, and visit the vineyards and cellar with a careful explanation of the grape varietals and each step in the winemaking process from the family that owns them.
From here well finish our ascent to the edge of Mt. Vesuviuss crater. Take the chance to look an active volcano in the face on the 20-minute hike where youll get to look inside the caldera and take in the most breathtaking panoramas of the day. Youll see Naples, the bay and the island of Capri from a height of over 4,200 feet, as well as bask in the pristine nature that surrounds you.
Jump on your private coach again and enjoy the drive back to Naples as your guide winds down the day satisfying your every curiosity. This is Pompeii and Vesuvius as it is rarely experienced!
Inclusions for Pompeii And Mt. Vesuvius Day Trip From Naples With Lunch And Wine Tastings
- Entrance ticket & reservation fees for Pompeii excavation site
- Entrance ticket & reservation fees for Mount Vesuvius
- Guided tour of Pompeii in groups no larger than 25 passengers
- English-speaking local guide
- Round-trip transport from Naples in an air-conditioned bus
- Audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Wine-tasting with lunch (includes 6 wines and 3-course lunch)
Exclusions for Pompeii And Mt. Vesuvius Day Trip From Naples With Lunch And Wine Tastings
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please ensure you inform us in advance of the tour of any special dietary requirements
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments on our tours
We regret that we are unable to accommodate pushchairs or strollers on our tours
Note: In rare cases of inclement weather or strikes, the crater of Vesuvius may be closed to visitors. If this is the case an alternative visit to the Archeological Museum of Pompeii will be included, or an alternative of equal value. Refunds will not be given.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Round-Trip Shuttle Transfer from Naples to Pompeii
- Private Tour: Naples Food Tasting Tour by Vintage Vespa
- Private Full-Day Driver from Naples to Sorrento, Positano, and Pompeii
- Daily Pompeii Group Tour with Archaeological Guide
- Private Tour of the Amalfi Coast from Naples
- Naples Airport Private Arrival Transfer