Discover the ancient ruins of Pompeii and the city of Naples on a full-day tour with an expert local guide! After touring Pompeii’s UNESCO-listed archeological site (entry own expense) to learn about the town's burial under Mount Vesuvius’ ash, visit a corals and cameo factory to see an ancient Neapolitan trade being plied. Head back into Naples and explore its historical center on a tour, seeing sites like Piazza del Plebiscito, before seeing its seafront neighborhoods by coach.
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourLeave central Naples in the morning and head south to the ancient town of Pompeii by luxury coach – roughly 40 minutes away. Once buried under a sea of Mount Vesuvius’ volcanic ash and rubble, the town was ‘rediscovered’ in the mid-18th century when King Charles III of Naples ordered a new palace to be built.
Hear about the history of this incredible archeological site on a walking tour of its ruins (entry own expense), and learn little-known tales about the people who perished in the ancient town. See fascinating excavations of monuments like the Forum, once the town’s bustling main piazza, and Teatro Grande, a colossal 5,000-seat theater.
After your tour, hop back on board your coach and travel to a family-owned cameo and corals factory to see carved coral jewelry being made. Watch craftsmen in work, and then visit the factory’s shop where you can browse for gifts to take home, if you wish.
Continue your tour back to Naples and after a break for lunch (own expense), set off on a walking tour around the city’s UNESCO-listed historical center. Pass along Spaccanapoli, the cobblestone street that splits the center down the middle, and pose for pictures in front of Gesù Nuovo Church – Naples’ famous Jesuit church. See Santa Chiara, a museum complex which houses a monastery, archeological museum and tombs; and then visit Piazza del Plebiscito where four Bourbon palaces can be found.
The last part of your afternoon is spent back on board your coach, visiting districts like Mergellina – Naples’ kitsch seafront marina – and Posillipo, its upmarket neighbor with views that match its fancy villas. Pass Caracciolo Palace, marveling at its lavish exterior, and then work your way back to central Naples, where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Pompeii And Naples City Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (from selected Naples hotels - advise on reconfirmation)
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Pompeii And Naples City Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to Pompeii
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Naples City And Pompeii Half Day Sightseeing Tour
- Capri Day Trip With Lunch From Naples
- Mt Vesuvius And Pompeii Day Trip From Naples
- Naples Food Walking Tour
- Napoli Art And Food Tour(Gesu Nuovo And Santa Chiara Museum Complex)
- Unesco Jewels- Pompeii And Its Ruins
- Dolcevita- Naples, Pompeii And Sorrento
- Naples And Its Surroundings
- Naples City Tour