The private tour will start with pick up from your accommodation in Rome. A professional English-speaking driver with a private minivan will be with you during the entire day and since the tour is private youll be able to customize the itinerary.
You will have also an expert local guide in Pompeii and Naples included.
On the way your driver will offer to you a Buffalo Mozzarella Tasting in a specialized Buffalo Mozzarella Store in the countryside close to Naples, the area is considered the fatherland of the Italian Buffalo Mozzarella!Sfogliatella Napoletana Pastry or Gelato Tasting included! In Naples.
Your first stop Pompeii:
Visiting Pompeii is not like a museum , is as live again in an ancient roman commercial town of 3 Km. Buildings, temples, shops catched in the time of the eruption.
Pompeii was an ancient Roman town near modern Naples, where the common people went on holidays at the time of the ancient Rome. Pompeii, along with Herculaneum and many ancient towns in the surrounding area, was mostly destroyed and buried under 4 to 6 m (13 to 20 ft) of volcanic ash and pumice in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD.
After you will proceed to Naples:
- Lunch time, we will suggest one of the best pizzeria along via Partenope with the panoramic views of Castel dell Ovo and volcano Vesuvius (UNESCO declared the Neapolitan art of pizza spinning, on December 2017, "intangible cultural heritage" adding it to the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity)
- Trasfer to the historic centre of Naples
- Piazza del Ges, considered the entrance point to the Greek-Roman city
- A walk along the street known as Spaccanapoli (because it splits the old center of Naples in half.)
- Piazza San Domenico Maggiore, with the famous Scaturchio, one of the best pastry shops of Naples.
- Via San Gregorio Armeno known as the street of Nativity workshops
- San Lorenzo Maggiore church
- Via Duomo, with the the magnificent The Duomo is a 13th-century Gothic cathedral dedicated to San Gennaro, Naples' patron saint. Inside, the Chapel of the Treasure of San Gennaro has Baroque frescoes and other artworks