Pompeii And Sorrento - NaplesWrite a Review
OverviewVisit the ancient Roman city of Pompeii, enjoy the breathtaking coastal scenery and stroll along Sorrento’s narrow streets.
- Ruins Of Pompeii
- Sorrento Coast & City
Know More about this tour
Pick up at the requested place at 10:15 and transfer to Pompeii to explore one of the most fascinating places of Naples environs under the narration by a professional guide. In roman time Pompeii was a rich and populated town, full of private and public buildings. On a summer’s day in 79 A.D, the entire town and around 20.000 of its inhabitants were buried under tons of ash and pumice because of a violent explosion of Mt Vesuvius. A shower of very fine ash was deposited everywhere to a depth of more than six meters, enveloping everything and adhering to the forms of the bodies and of their clothes. Almost 2.000 years later, you have the opportunity to discover the everyday life of the Imperial Age and imagine the panic of the people before the city was so disastrously buried. In two walking tour, your guide will show you fascinating places such as The Forum, Thermal Baths, Lupanare and Vetti’s House with it’s beautiful frescos.
After the visit brief stop for lunch and departure toward Sorrento coast. It will be possible to admire during the way the suggestive medieval Castle from which the name of the famous town Castellammare di Stabia comes, the small and enchanting beaches of Vico Equense and Seiano and the typical mediterranean vegetation full of lemon and orange trees. Stop at the panoramic viewpoint in Meta di Sorrento to look up to the wonderful sight of the bay overlooking the sea.
Stop in Sorrento for a brief visit of the town (about one hour). The guide will show you the most renowned places walking throught the suggestives narrow streets full of stores and little workshops, as far as one of the most scenic place of Sorrento: the so-called Villa Comunale from where is possible to admire the beauties of the golf as far as Punta Campanella and Capri Island and immortalize the breathtaking scenary. Return to Naples at around 5.00 pm.
Inclusions for Pompeii And Sorrento
- Local Guide
- Pizza & Drink Lunch
Exclusions for Pompeii And Sorrento
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 3 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 3 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.