Pompeii Guided Tour With Ancient Roman Food And Wine Tasting
OverviewExplore the ruins of Pompeii on this small-group tour that ends with a Roman banquet in the setting of a reconstructed restaurant. At Pompeii, a UNESCO World Heritage site, see ancient archaeological sights such as the baths, theater, brothel, temples, fountains, bar, mill, and warehouses as you walk along the paved pathways, just as the people of Pompeii did before the city was destroyed by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD. Afterward, you have the chance to dine like Caesar during a tasting banquet with local wines and food made from ancient Roman recipes. When booking, you have the option to upgrade to a private tour with just your party.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Led by a local guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Skip the line
Know More about this tour
Your tour start in Pompeii by meeting your guide, who ensures you see the major sights of this vast archaeological complex to make the most of your visit.
As you explore the many ruins, from the ancient baths to the brothel, your guide regales you with facts about Pompeii society, including the lifestyle of the citizens, their customs and traditions, and their food and cuisine. So much is known about the village because everythingpeople as well as buildingswas preserved for centuries under layers of volcanic ash from Mt. Vesuvius' eruption, providing historians with a wealth of facts about what life was like in ancient Roman times.
At the end of your fascinating tour, enjoy a Roman banquet where you will taste food made using ancient recipes and, of course, enjoy some local wine.
Sample menu (subject to change):
Suckling pig with herbs
Goat cheese mousse and figs
Half an amphora of spiced wine, honey, ginger pepper
Cold soup with barley and asparagus
Inclusions for Pompeii Guided Tour With Ancient Roman Food And Wine Tasting
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Food tasting
Exclusions for Pompeii Guided Tour With Ancient Roman Food And Wine Tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pick-up and drop-off from/to your hotel or cruise ship (transfers from hotel or cruise ship can be arranged after booking at an additional cost)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Suitable for all ages and fitness levels
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Pompeii's Archaeological Site Walking Tour
- Mt. Vesuvius Wine Tasting and Lunch Experience from Pompeii
- Capri Anacapri All Inclusive with Limoncello Tasting & Blue Grotto Option From Pompeii
- Capri & Sorrento Boat Experience Daily Tour with Limoncello Tasting From Pompeii
- Capri & Sorrento Easy Boat Experience Daily Tour From Pompeii
- Wine Tasting on the Slopes of Vesuvius Including Lunch
- Pompeii at opening time tour
- Private Tour: Campania Food and Wine Day Trip from Pompeii