Pompeii Herculaneum And Winery Tour - Naples
OverviewSpend a day exploring one of the world's most famous archaeological sites with this 8-hour shore excursion to Pompeii, Herculaneum with lunch at winery based on mt vesuvius . Travel to each site in a comfortable vehicle with a local driver who'll give you important information about the history and the culture of the places that you will visit. Explore each of the archaeological sites and the volcano that erupted in 79 AD to bury those towns at your own pace. Pick up From Naples, Salerno, Sorrento, Pompeii, Caserta and the Amalfi coast area
Know More about this tourGet picked up at the port of Naples, Sorrento, or Salerno and make your way first to Herculaneum (Ercolano in Italian). This ancient Roman town was destroyed by volcanic pyroclastic flows in 79 A.D., located in the territory of the current comune of Ercolano, in the Italian region of Campania in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius. It is most famous for having been lost, along with Pompeii, Stabiae and Oplontis, in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD, which buried them in superheated pyroclastic material. It also became famous as the source of the first Roman skeletal and physical remains available for study that were located by science, for the Romans almost universally cremated their dead. Since the discovery of bones in 1981, some 300 skeletons have been found, most along the sea shorethe town itself having been effectively evacuated. Herculaneum was a smaller town with a wealthier population than Pompeii at the time of the eruption.
Travel next to Pompeii, a town located in the plain at the eastern slopes of Vesuvius, to the right of the lower reaches of the river Sarno. One of the largest archaeological areas in the world, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is a very popular tourist destination, even thanks to the presence of the Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary. In the archaeological site, the ancient Roman city, buried by the sudden eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD, has been brought to the light. The rain of ash and lava and the resulting thick layer of dust have crystallized, preserving Pompeii for centuries.
Brought to the surface, Pompeii is the most visited archaeological site in the world.
Finally there will be the stop at wine farm located near the base of Mount Vesuvius. Here, you will be able to taste some delicious local wines and visit the vineyard. Boscotrecase, where it is located, is a town of intense agricultural activity, especially directed to the production of fine wines.
Inclusions for Pompeii Herculaneum And Winery Tour
- Deluxe air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking driver/guide
- All tolls, parking, petrol (gas) and taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel or port pick-up and drop-off
- Pick-up and drop-off from designated meeting points
Exclusions for Pompeii Herculaneum And Winery Tour
- Entrance fees where applicable
- Driver only, no guide for visits to attractions
- Food and drinks
- Lunch at winery (optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pompeii and Herculaneum Archaeological tour guide (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Day tour from Rome :
We suggest to catch the Freccia Rossa Fast Train from Rome Termini (departure time from Rome 7.35 am) to Naples Centrale (arrival time 8.45 am) and we will pick you up directly from the Naples train station and then.. at the end of the day tour we will drive you back in Naples where you will catch the train back to Rome (suggested train departing from naples at 6.30pm)
Please note: your driver is not a professional guide and won't escort you inside the archaeological and historic sites
At time of booking, passengers must provide the following information: ship name,Hotel details or any pick up details
Dress code is casual
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
This tour involves a mild amount of walking, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Pick up From Naples, Salerno, Sorrento, Pompeii, Caserta and the Amalfi coast area
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii Day Trip from Naples
- Naples Food Walking Tour
- Ischia Opera Season: The Three Tenors
- Positano and Amalfi semi-private
- Full-Day Positano and Amalfi Cruise from Naples
- Positano and Amalfi boat tour from Naples
- Positano & Amalfi Boat Exprerience Daily Tour with Limoncello Tasting From Naples
- Positano & Amalfi Boat Exprerience Daily Tour with Limoncello Tasting From San Giorgio