Pompeii Ruins 2-Hour Private Guided Tour - Naples
OverviewExplore the amazing ruins of Pompeii on this private guided tour that reveals the remnants of an ancient Roman city that was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79. This enormous archaeological site is a treasure trove that boasts impressive artifacts, architecture, and sculptures. After meeting your guide, head into the ruins of Pompeii and listen to the fascinating story of how this once thriving city was destroyed almost in an instant by the massive amounts of volcanic ash and pumice that erupted from the nearby volcano. As you walk through the Porta Marina, one of the city's original entrances, learn how this place was rediscovered in 1748 and has been in a continual state of restoration ever since.
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Popular choice with kids
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
After meeting your guide at the local train station, you will head into the ruins of Pompeii and listen to the fascinating story of how this once-thriving city was destroyed almost in an instant by the massive amounts of volcanic ash and pumice that erupted from Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. This enormous archaeological site is a treasure trove that boasts impressive artifacts, architecture and sculptures.
You will not wait in line as you walk through the Porta Marina, one of Pompeii's original entrances. Learn how Pompeii was rediscovered in 1748 and has been in a continual state of restoration ever since. The ancient city sprawls over 165-acres (66-hectares), of which only 49-acres (20-hectares), have been excavated to date. You will head to the Forum, the wide open courtyard lined by columns of various styles, where a view of Mount Vesuvius looms ominously in the distance. Among the highlights of the archeological site are the Porta Marina, Roman Forum, sanctuary of Venus and surrounding temples, House of the Menander, House of the Faun, Central Bath and the Lupanare of Pompeii.
After your guided tour concludes you can continue to explore the ancient ruins of Pompeii on your own.
Inclusions for Pompeii Ruins 2-Hour Private Guided Tour
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Pompeii Ruins 2-Hour Private Guided Tour
- Entrance fees
- The listed price does not include a parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Guided Pompeii Ruins and Sorrento Tour with a Farmhouse Lunch
- Private Transfer: Naples to Capri by Speedboat
- Private Tour: Naples Food Tasting Tour by Vintage Fiat 500 or Fiat 600
- Daily Pompeii and Amalfi Coast Tour from Naples
- Napoli Art and Food Tour: Ges Nuovo, San Severo Chapel Museum and Duomo
- Full-Day Sorrento Positano Pompeii Tour