Pompeii Ruins All Day Tour From Rome
OverviewSpend an unforgettable day getting a panoramic view of Naples. Visit the incredible archaeological site of Pompeii.Seize the opportunity to visit one of the most important archaeological sites in the world: Pompeii. Youll spend a day surrounded by nature and culture. Enjoy a panoramic overview of Naples and reach the haunting ruins of Pompeii, travelling back in time to the fateful day in 79 AD when neighbouring Mount Vesuvius erupted, covering the prosperous Roman city in deadly volcanic ash. Have a lunch in a typical Italian restaurant.
- Skip the line
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourThis full-day tour from Rome takes you on a discovery of the ancient city of Pompeii. After being picked up from your hotel in Rome in the morning, you will spend about three hours driving through Latium region and Campania.
See the Montecassino Abbey on top of the mountain from the bus, then approach Naples. Stop for a panoramic look at the cityscape, Mergellina, Castel dell'Ovo, and the Gulf of Naples with the Mount Vesuvius. Then head back on the road to Pompeii, with a stop for a 2-course lunch in a traditional restaurant.
Afterward, arrive at the haunting ruins of Pompeii and learn the story behind the fateful day in 79 AD when the neighboring Mount Vesuvius erupted, covering the prosperous Roman city in deadly volcanic ash.
Your ticket will allow you to skip the line at the entrance, bypassing the crowds. See shops, houses and streets, and imagine how rich and prosperous the lifestyle of the citizens was before the Mount Vesuvius changed their destiny.
Please note: Drop-off is included either at your hotel or the nearest location, as not all hotels in Rome can be accommodated.
Inclusions for Pompeii Ruins All Day Tour From Rome
- Entrance fees
- 2-course lunch
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- From November 2017: tour available with multilingual audio guide for a self-guided tour, tour escort is English-speaking
- November to March Audio-guide in Italian, French, German (from Monday to Friday) Portuguese, Chinese, Russian and Japanese
- April to October Audio-guide Italian, French, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian and Japanese
Exclusions for Pompeii Ruins All Day Tour From Rome
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Half-Day Tour: Tivoli and Villa D'Este from Rome
- Rome to Pompeii Shuttle Bus & Independent Day Trip
- Small-Group Tour: Venice by Train Full Day Tour from Rome
- Roman Countryside Food and Wine Tasting from Rome
- Naples and Pompeii: Full-Day Tour from Rome with Lunch
- Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour including Vatican Sistine Chapel and Colosseum