Pompeii Ruins And Archaeological Museum Private Tour From Naples Or Sorrento
OverviewJoin this amazing tour to live a full immersion experience in the Ancient Roman history and culture, with a deep overview on the mos (habits and decorum) of the time. You will visit the archaeological site of Pompeii - where your guide will lead you along the streets of the city and the MANN.Your driver will come to pick you up from your hotel/ apartment/ cruise ship / train station, and will drive you back at the end of the tour.
Know More about this tour
Pompeii was the Roman urban settlement destroyed and buried in the 79AC during the Vesuvius eruption. The city, set on the Voulcano slopes, was completely covered by layers of ashes and lava, and for centuries this ancient culture was just a memory, remembered in the Plinius the Youngs letters to his friends. He himself managed to survive.
Your guide will lead you into the streets of the Ancient city, showing you the gymnasium, checking the perfect function of the acoustics of the theatres,entering the old bakeries and the ancestor of what today would be considered fast food restaurants. You will then see the Isis temple, the house of Menander - whose decorations will leave you breathless - and the magnificent baths. On your way you will even find the lupanariae, the red-light district, and will end your tour in the Forum the central square, where politicians used to make their speeches, temples where built, and merchants sold their products.
After a break for lunch, your driver will bring you to Naples, where you will meet your guide at the MANN to continue the tour. As you will realise, the Archaeological Museum hosts a collection of statues, relics and frescoes from Pompeii and the bordering areas.
You will even visit the famous Gabinetto Segreto del Re reproducing a section of the red-light district and the restored an lately opened to the public Egyptian section one of the biggest in Italy.
The tour will last more or less 7/8 hours.
At the end of the tour, your guide will be happy to provide you additional info, suggestions and directions.
Your driver will bring you back. Please, specify if the pick up and drop off points are different.
You will absolutely love this tour!
Inclusions for Pompeii Ruins And Archaeological Museum Private Tour From Naples Or Sorrento
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Pompeii Ruins And Archaeological Museum Private Tour From Naples Or Sorrento
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii Day Trip from Naples
- Naples Food Walking Tour
- Ischia Opera Season: The Three Tenors
- Positano and Amalfi semi-private
- Full-Day Positano and Amalfi Cruise from Naples
- Positano and Amalfi boat tour from Naples
- Positano & Amalfi Boat Exprerience Daily Tour with Limoncello Tasting From Naples
- Positano & Amalfi Boat Exprerience Daily Tour with Limoncello Tasting From San Giorgio